ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Electric Problems

Poll

why doesnt it hold a strong current? and if i dont use it for maybe a week the battery will discharge.

please
0 (0%)
help
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Gs200 Phillippines

• View Profile
    • Email
I've had this problem ever since last month when it totally clapped out on me and wont start it has power but it wont hold a current my mechanic narrowed it down to a broken CDI i had it changed and converted to a better one, but just this day it was having the same problem, what else can i do??

jambyc01

• View Profile
I do believe CDI take all current. The best way to charge battery before you want to ride after at least a week.
Whenever I go on holiday and after 2 weeks battery is not completely flat but considerably weaken.
I presume manufacture fault?

grumpy

• View Profile
Sounds like a bad battery. Don't muck around trying to recharge. Wasting time. Put a volt meter across battery, if less than 12.5v then battery is suss and will probably start bike at that volts but wont hold charge. Check volts after a kick start and 1/2 hour ride. Then recheck after 1 hour if battery volts dropped 1/2 volt or more toss it away.
You can leave a good battery for months and still start bike straight away if climate temp is mild to warm. I've left mine for 6 months or more and it starts straight away.

Lojerreda

• View Profile
The only thing he did was to get a story I want to know it fully.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()