ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Cold Weather Sucks

aggieboi254

• AOL Instant Messenger - aggieboi254@aol.
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - aggiebi254@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/hondasiguy
    • Email
Cold Weather, what can i say its texas first of all ,so you know the weather changes every ten to twenty minutes.one day here its 75 the perfect riding weather,the next day my day off will be 45 and raining. i hate cold weather down here,and my bike actually almost looks sad that its not moving everyday any more. i finally went and got my class m endorsement on my license and now cant ride it becuase its way to cold for lil ole me to be zoomin down the highway.did the oil change,changed the plug,tightened the chain  all by myself,well with the help of you guys,and just gotta get the chance to mess with the spedo now and it should be good.but i definatley gotta wait for it to warm up a lil before riding again.

xanthmo

• AOL Instant Messenger - xanthmo2
    • View Profile
    • http://xanthmo.com
    • Email
We have snow here in IL - definitely no riding here for a while.  Any day over 35, and I take the bike out for a short spin, that way I never have to winterize.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
35°!!!  What kind of gear you got X?  I don't think anything I currently have will keep me anywhere near comfortable at 35°....  It's nice to see ya posting something X, beginning to think ya died....   :D
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

xanthmo

• AOL Instant Messenger - xanthmo2
    • View Profile
    • http://xanthmo.com
    • Email
Yeah I'm still around, just been busy.  I wouldn't take a long trip at 35F but, cruising around the block a few times isn't bad.  I did want to rip the bike apart this winter, and try for the naked street-fighter look, but I don't know that I will have the time.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Well you may recall my bike breaking down, I still haven't got it back.  It's been about 6 weeks or so.......  I'm beginning to wonder if I'll get it back before I leave in Jan.  Well X, I hope everythings been going okay with the busy-ness...  Hope you're not busy cause of something crappy.  Well if you tear it apart, you gotta take a lot of pics!    :D   Later.

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
Over here in San Francisco, the fog just pisses me off every morning. Unlike rain, it doesn't drip off or move while you're riding. Instead, it creates a thin foggy film that completely obstructs your vision. And "fog free" visors don't help because they're treated on the inside to prevent the moisture from your breath that fogs up the visor. Sigh..I need a hydrophobic visor.  :lol:

Namikuz

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: "choylifutsoccer"
Over here in San Francisco, the fog just pisses me off every morning. Unlike rain, it doesn't drip off or move while you're riding. Instead, it creates a thin foggy film that completely obstructs your vision. And "fog free" visors don't help because they're treated on the inside to prevent the moisture from your breath that fogs up the visor. Sigh..I need a hydrophobic visor.  :lol:

Try RainX on the outside of the visor(Careful, check it out on a small section on the side incase it reacts poorly) I had a NICE Lexan visor and RainX did the trick for me on the San Diego FOGGy coast., And Michigan too!!
Robbie(Namikuz)Stevens
Salt Lake City Utah
Rev'em High...
   Rev'em HARD!!!
06 ZS250GS (GONE)
04 Saturn Ion(GONE)03 Mini Cooper S MODDED!!!
1948 Dodge 3 window coupe, 426 4speed
83 Suzuki GS1100ESD modded(even FASTER)

aggieboi254

• AOL Instant Messenger - aggieboi254@aol.
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - aggiebi254@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/hondasiguy
    • Email
hey X sorry it took so long to reply,the weather here isnt to bad it was about 40 last night between 12am and 6 am, the day before it was about 66 but i was stuck at work all day so i didnt get a chance to go for a ride! i agree with myth what kind of riding gear do you have to keep you comfortable at 35 degree's???

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
X, stop playing. Put some snow chains on that thing and let's go n ride on the lake front.
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Hell yeah ICE, you tell 'em.  If I ever get my bike back, I"m going to ride the damn tires off it!!!  I'll be like the freakin' mailman...  Rain, sleet, snow...  The bike will still go!  Lol.  But....  like I said, that's if I get the bike back...

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Single digit temps getting hard to handle.  :(  If we hit mid 20's I will be tempted to ride for sure.

wdb2021

• View Profile
I hate very cold weather Especially when the temperature drops, it affects the engine. I don't even want it to get cold.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()