ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

cWade · 5 · 2347

cWade

• View Profile
    • Email
I looked at a Zongshen 250 for the first time ever.
I've been shopping the usual 250 suspects: Rebel, Virago, GZ250, etc....
Price wise this one is a winner but I am concerned about reliability and re-sale.

Browsed this forum and there can't determine that there are any major concerns.
Your experiences? Is it a good bike?

Thank You

cWade

• View Profile
    • Email
No response?
Guess it's not a very good bike then with no supporters.

z250gs

• View Profile
Yeah. Resale would be something to consider. Reliability has been mixed. Some like me have no problem in over 4000 mile. I just change the oil and filter every 1000 mile. I also check usual stuff like chain clean and tension and rear wheel align. Clean air filter occassionally.  Nothing else touched. Some other users say they have blown engines up! It looks like the engine is a clone from a early Kawasaki or Yamaha. It uses the same parts as other established brands. Don't forget that Z'shen don't make everything on the bike. The carb is made in Japan for example.
Resale wise, I look at it this way. If I bought a Honda/Yammy etc I could lose a thousand on resale, and I could lose a thousand on this bike. But I've still only lost a thousand even though percentage wise the Zong loses half its value but the other bikes lose say 20 percent.   

cWade

• View Profile
    • Email
Thank you for the reply.
It reflects pretty much what I have been able to determine from this forum.

z250gs

• View Profile
By the way, the other issue here is that the Zong is quite easy to work on yourself. Not too many special tools or complicated mechanical setups. If you work on the bike yourself this may well be a deciding factor. Some of the other bike names look like you need to be at least an average mechanic to work on them or else send them into a workshop for maintenance.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()