ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

The cheapest mods with the most effect with little effort

cbyerspace

• View Profile
Well I decided I wanted to modify my bike alittle I don't need more hp but would like better responsiveness ect... And didn't want to spend too much, or put too much effort into it.

there are three things to look into:

- A breather filter to replace the tube that goes to the air box... This keeps you from having oil sucked up  
into your carbs at high rpms, This mod cost about $10 and all your doing is replacing a tube with a filter, Make sure you plug up the port in the air box after. The size I got for the breather was 3/8"-1/2" if they don't have one that gives a range like that its more toward's the 1/2".

-better spark plugs, this is almost an obvious one because its around $10 at the most and it gives you much better spark, I recomend the Ngk iridum.

-High perfomance air filter for about $25, no I don't mean a cone filter, It is very easy to modify your stock filter its is just a peice of foam screwed between 2 plastic peices... I had an Uni filter I was going to put into my suzuki before it brokedown (the type that you don't have to rejet for, Any brand foam filter will do just make sure it is ok for a stock replacement).

here is the step by step:
unscrew the two plastic peices and remove the old foam filter
-I cut out the two layers of foam from the uni with a steak knife
-I cut holes into the center of each layer
-I lined up the holes with the plasic holders and screwed it all back together
-Then just cut off the excess.

It is very important that if you use a uni you make sure the denser foam is facing the carb and the lighter foam is facing the air hole.

With these three mods I spent less than $50 and got far better throttle response, more power at lower rpms, and No random bogging at high speeds.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:35:34 PM by cbyerspace »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()