ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Assembly Questions

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi, I'm new to this forum!
I just got my ZS250GS several days ago, and am about 95% done assembling, but I have some questions.

I'm left with three pairs of left over parts: two nuts, two bolts, and two small black plastic things. I don't know where these are supposed to go! I THINK the bolts belong to the license plate, but can't figure out where the nuts and black plastic things go.

There's a rubber hose that connects to only one end of the carburetor, and I can't figure out where the other end goes. This view is from the left hand side of the motorcycle if you are looking from the front. The yellow arrow shows where one of the ends are connected, then the other end is just dangling.  :shock:

Lastly, is this a crack? It's where the clutch cable connects to.

Thanks for all the help! I really hope I can get this running soon!

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
those two plastic things look like rubber grommets...for plastic fairings?
two allen head bolts... did you check the instrument panel mountings? the handlebar mounting bolts (3 for each side)
rear brake caliper mounting?
not sure about those two bigger nuts...double check all bolts

the 2nd picture, yes there's two hose from carb w/out connection, one you pointed and the other found below the carb, just route them behind the engine...

3rd picture, that is not a crack, that acts as a clamp, when you adjust the two clutch cable nuts and still no response, just losen the nut on that clamp, pull out and adjust pointing to the right then readjust again the clutch cable nuts...

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks motorstar rider! I pretty much double checked everything and still can't figure out where those extra nuts and plastic grommets go. Does anyone have these parts installed??

xanthmo

• AOL Instant Messenger - xanthmo2
    • View Profile
    • http://xanthmo.com
    • Email
I had pretty much the same leftovers too, even after having looked over the bike.

I have heard that the import bikes have a tendency to drop screws and bolts, so hang on to them.  Also, it is recommended to retighten all accessible nuts and bolts periodically.  Some people use lock-tight, others recommend lock washers.  I have not personally lost a screw yet, so I just check them every few weeks.

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
Xanthmo,
What did you do with the two black plastic things? Thanks for your response.
Last night, I was thinking..then I suddenly realized that the two black fuel lines without connections have open ends. I tried sticking the black thing inside, and it fits perfectly. Perhaps it's a plug to create vacuum?

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
The only plastic plugs that I remember covered the screws on the side mirrors.  I don't remember having any others.  I may not have put them in the right place?

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
I started my bike today, and there are more questions that have come up after giving it a test ride. Do the turn signals and hazard light only come on when the engine is started? Also, does the red battery light normally come on when the bike is first started? Lastly, how do you adjust the clutch cable on this thing??? Can someone give me a detailed procedure? Thanks!

*edit*

Oh yea, one more question. Did anyone smell a burning scent after their first run? I think it came from the brakes.

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi,

The turn signals and lights should only come on when the bike is started.  

I also had a burning smell the first couple rides, it looked like it was oil or lube from around the muffler seals.  

To adjust the clutch, you need to move the 2 screws that are on the lower side of the clutch cable, near the engine.  You can see one of the screws in the bottom left corner of your third pic.  It took me a few minutes to get it adjusted perfectly, first I adjusted it too tight, so the clutch would not engage at all, and then I backed the screws up, and fine tuned it until it was just right.

When I got the bike, I had to let the clutch all the way out before it would engage, making it hard to feather in slow situations.

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
Interesting..my headlights come on before the engine is started, but the turn signals and hazard lights don't. Thanks for the quick response!

GRob-GS250

• View Profile
When I test drove my bike at the dealer I also smelled that burning smell and asked the guy what it was, He replied that all new bikes did that for the first 30 or 40 miles or so and its just the new engine.

I think with just about anything you have to assemble (shelves,tables or bikes) there are extra screws dowels ect...

I also have two rubber hoses from the carb that don't go anywhere and my bike came already assembled.

Turning the key to its on position (without starting the engine) will turn on all my lights and gauges unless I turn them off with there controls, Turning the key on (I think) turns on the entire electric system and you should have access to turn on or off everything that is electric. Meaning that I turn the key to on and I can turn the headlight off or on and the same with turn signals. You surly should be able to turn on the hazard lights without the engine running.

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for the response Rob.
So it turns out that my signal and hazard lights aren't working. The dealer has told me to call Zongshen support. Hope to get the lights fixed soon!

250gs

• View Profile
    • Email
Gday I just saw your post. Do you have hazard lights? How do you operate them.? I can't find any.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
On the right side, looks similar to the turn signals on the left side.  Push it to the left to turn them on, to the right to turn them off.
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Go to Xanthmo's profile.  There you'll see a link in his contact info. that is http.xathmo.com i think.  It takes you to his blog.  From there go all the way to the bottom, in his bottom blog you'll see a link that takes you to pictures, click on it and then if you look at the 6th picture, you can see the hazard light switch.  I would've just copied the pic, but I wanna make sure X gets his credit.
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

250gs

• View Profile
    • Email
x
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 10:42:55 PM by 250gs »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()