ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Air Valve/ Carburetor Question UPDATED WITH PICS

cookac · 5 · 4100

cookac

• View Profile
    • Email
 Hey guys I just bought a semi-wrecked 2006 250 GS. The guy tried to fix it but it had some hoses disconnected and i can't seem to find for sure where they go. The bike will start, idle and rev up but it will only last for a min or 2 tops. If any one can help me with pics or advice it would be awesome. OK in Pic 1 is the air valve i think all the hose on it are correct but wanting to make sure. The top one goes right beside it in the engine. The right one goes to the carb and the black thing in pic 3. The one on the left goes under the seat and has a filter on it. It is not connected to anything.
In pic 2 the carb has a small black thing which looks like a hose should go on it but do not know. Also does the bottom need a hose?  Finally in pic 3 is a black thing with hoses on one end and the bottom end has spots where hoses can fit but did not have any on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 05:20:40 PM by cookac »

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
connections for pic1 is correct, except that the right hose should be connected to carb intake only encircled yellow

no need to worry about pic2, no end connections for these, just an overflow tube and drain tube with open end

maybe your pic3 thing is just an add-on device i don't have one installed, can you take pics where those 2 hoses lead to (encircled yellow)

cookac

• View Profile
    • Email
OK thanks. In your top pic the hose circled yellow goes to the "unkown" black thing. The same little hose is also the same little hose on the air valve pic. Is that right?? The big hose on the black thing ties into the hose which you can see in carb pic. it is the one beside the green circle with a inline black filter. That goes down into the crankcase i tihnk and it also leads to an air filter box. Let me know if you think these are right much appreciated!!! Also one more thing the black thing has the inputs. The top has a small port for a hose and when gas tank is in proper place there is a little hose on it that seems to fit it. Does your tank have a small hose. Mine is on the left side when you are sitting on it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:14:48 PM by cookac »

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
yes thats right the small hose on the right goes only to the carb area (encircled yellow on my first pic)
for the bigger hose on the black filter thing (2nd pic) beside the carb, the one on top goes to the left side of the engine (timing chain cover), middle hose goes to airbox area and bottom hose goes to crankcase
so you can eliminate that 'unknown black thing' which might be causing your rev/idle problems because of the open ends...
the underside of my tank also has a hose connection (open end)

cookac

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for your helpon identifing hoses. I did find out that my black thing is called a Carbon Tank. I think it is suppose to take fumes from the tank and run it through the environment protection device. But i think it won't stay running b/c my float is sticking so now i gotta get parts for it. thanks for your help

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()