ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Carb Swap

kristifer

• View Profile
    • Email
Since fuel and air seem to be the biggest things that could help improve the performance on these bikes and we all seem to have trouble with adjusting/rejetting the carb, has anyone thought about swapping out the carb for a similar but more common one (ie. one with more aftermarket support)?  Shouldn't it be as easy as finding another carb with similar linkage and base plate?

darealestspigguh

• View Profile
    • Email
I know of one guy on here who posted about putting a raptor(2 cylinder atv i think) carb on his bike, but i asked for more details and never got a response...  I am trying to jet right now but i cant ride now 'cause its been rainin. If I find something that works, i'll post it here.

SpudRider

• View Profile
Since fuel and air seem to be the biggest things that could help improve the performance on these bikes and we all seem to have trouble with adjusting/rejetting the carb, has anyone thought about swapping out the carb for a similar but more common one (ie. one with more aftermarket support)?  Shouldn't it be as easy as finding another carb with similar linkage and base plate?
Kristifer,

I encourage you to search the Dual Sport Forum at China Riders. ;)  I seem to remember a thread posted by a gentleman from Australia who installed another carburetor in his 200GY-2 engine, and he was very pleased with the results. :)  Since your 250GS engine and carburetor are very similar to the 200GY-2 engine and carburetor, you should get similar results with your sportsbike. ;)

Spud :)

SpudRider

• View Profile
Kristifer,

I searched the China Riders forums, and I found the thread I mentioned in my previous post.  The gentleman from Australia installed a Mikuni VM28-418 carburetor in his motorcycle. :)

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9886&highlight=carburetor+zongshen

I see you are registered at China Riders. If you have time, please post a thread in our Introduce Yourself forum; I'm sure the people at China Riders will be very glad to meet you. :)

Spud :)

kristifer

• View Profile
    • Email
Spud, you have said that you have the FMF Universal Spark Arrestor instead of the stock muffler.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/187/4160/ITEM/FMF-Turbinecore-II-Universal-Spark-Arrestor.aspx

The description says that it is excellent for 2-stroke.  Is your bike 2 stroke or does it work equally well on a 4 stroke? 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()