ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Headlight adjustment and neutral switch.

kf4ewo · 16 · 4945

kf4ewo

• View Profile
    • http://www.midsouthsynthetics.com
    • Email
Hello everybody,

Gald to find this forum and have been following it fot the last couple of weeks. Wife and I bought 4 of these and all after final asymbly they all fired up great except for the one we put 87 octane in, it ran but took forever to warm up and smooth out if you could call it that. Added a few gallons of 93 to it and smoothed right out and runs great now.

My wife is keeping one for her self to ride and has as of today put 125 miles on it and seem to get better everytime she rides it through out this break in. Has even had it up on the highway at 75 for a short stint and mentioned it still had plenty of throutle left and was still gaining speed (I must mention she 5'2" and weighs only 105 pounds). Rest of rides have been streets and works great for her. She planes to ride it to and from work once she gets a little more experance under her belt.

The first question I have is in reguards to the head light. Have had the front cawling off to repair the headlight mount but did not notice any way of adjusting. I belive it is pointed down to far for safe riding and needs to be adjusted. Have not found anything in the manuals in reguards to it and hoping someone else might know something. I am also checking on a brighter headlamp for it (not higher watage) and will post info as I get it.

Second is does anyone know the location of the netural switch, have checked the buld and it is not burned out on the dash indicator for nutral. Bike does go into nutral but light does not come on, have followed wire for it as best I can but dissapears on back side of engine close to chain but to much in the way to see where it goes. Certanaly does not keep her from riding but would be nice to have it working if we ever sell it.

Thanks in advance for the help and great board. Looking forward to lots of reading and posting.

Kf4ewo

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
Welcome to the forum!
Let me guess..Kanyon ATV?  :lol:
I've taken off the side fairing and it seems that the headlight assembly is not mounted securely to the frame? Maybe using that, you can find a way to adjust the angle that the light shines? I don't know..maybe I'll think of something..

kf4ewo

• View Profile
    • Email
Yes Kanyon ATV. Seem nice to work with and so far am satisfied with the deal.

Was thinking of finding a longer screws and maybe placing a few washers behind the top mounts where it mounts to the cowling. might mess up the clean lines but would rather be safe then sorry. Think I will try this weekend and see how it goes.

kf4ewo

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey kf4ewo, I notice you haven't been on in while, but hoping you might check this anyways...  Did you ever find a lighting solution?  Maybe a new bulb that works...  Just wondering cause mine just went out and I'm about to start looking for one and if you've already found one, that'd save some hassall.  And if you haven't, then maybe I can find one and I'll let you know.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Dare I ask what the name means????  It looks like it might say something backwards....   :oops:
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email

behind headlight housing left side...
neutral switch, remove 2 bolts cover of small sprocket, follow light green/red stripe wire...
compatible bulb can be halogen (35w) above 35w could melt the headlight plastic housing....

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
So it's not hard to find one with the same connector?  I was worried about the plug in on the bulb being odd and hard to find...

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
some i know who can't find same connector just replace also the connector matched w/ the new bulb....
some also upgrade to HID lighting system, they claim low wattage high lumens, but expensive in my place

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
:D   Thanks for the input moto!

kf4ewo

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey there everybody, been a way from the computer for a while and have not had a chance to catch up on the forum or anything else for that matter.

Never did adjust head light but found a 35w/35w halogen one online about a month and a half ago, ordered it and is quite a bit brighter. Don't have the info infront of me but will get the info on here in the next couple of days. Had to order from a company in england but was very reasonable, about $25 for two to be shipped to here in Mississippi and only took about a week. Still need to adjust it though as it is still off quite a bit but much better with the brighter buld.

Thanks for the info on the nutral switch, I will take a look this weekend and see if I can get the light working. I think it is just a loose connection down at the switch or the switch is bad, everything else checks out.

A quick update also. Wifes bike just clicked over 700 miles and gas milage is beginning to improve. First two tanks were both low 50's for milage, last tank was 62 mpg, and this tank is looking to be upper 60's. Have changed oil at 500 miles with dino 10w40. First couple hundred miles she could not get it over 75 mph, around 400 miles she noticed it will let her do around 80, and after 600 miles she can now do around 90.
Engine viberates bad at 90 but is getting less as she puts more miles on. I must ad that my wife is lucky to be 100 pounds wet so that might have something to do with her getting speeds like that. Now I need to put my 300 pound but on it and see what it will do with me on there.

Changed the plug with a NGK DR8EIX iridium plug around 200 miles and starting has gotten much better. Choke for about 15 seconds, warm for about another minute, and then ride.

Replaced the battery with a sears 9-b (sears part number 44356) and starts faster and idles much smother. Just before her origanal battery died at idle the battery light would start to blink and would have to rev up to about 2500 rpm to get it to stop blinking. So far with the new battery has been doing great.

The biggest thing she has noticed the it has much more power and acceceleration is improving with each and every ride now that is beginning to break in. If I could only get her to ride more

I'll be back on here soon again.

KF4EWO

kf4ewo

• View Profile
    • Email
Forgot to add this, when we first got the bike we could not get the rpm's above 9000. Now it will go up to 10500 rpm's, vibrates a whole lot but but did that at 9000 rpm's when it was new. Now 9000 rpm's is very smooth.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey KF4EWO,
Does your tachometer needle jump around when you're running at high RPM's.  Mine gets a little bouncy at around 9k-10k.  I get around the same RPM range as your wife, but that's about 80mph for me.  I've got a new bulb, though I don't know if it's going to fit or not yet.  Haven't got the chance to tear apart the bike...  It's my main means of transportation.  If this bulb works I'll post the info on it.  My dad picked it up for me in Dallas and it cost about $5.

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
My tach bounces at high rpms.
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I kind of figure it was a flaw in the tach design, but just wanted to make sure.  I wonder how accurate the tach and speedo are???

kf4ewo

• View Profile
    • Email
Asked my wife after our ride this morning if the speedo or tach needles jump or vibrate and she said she has never noticed it. She has noticed that the tach seems to lag behind a few seconds when accelerating. Found out speedo seems to be off by about 5 miles an hour at 80. My VTX showed 75 and hers was showing 80 but I have know idea if my VTX is acurate, I need to take my GPS for a ride and test both bikes.

Headlight I purchased was from Autobulds Direct in England. Link is below -

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/rmu417 ... 17093.html

Much brighter and now can see the headlight during the day. I still need to do the adjustment on it though to get it aimed correctly though. I bet I can be found localy but I never could find one and searching a few months ago on google only turned this one up. Now there are quite a few more places with it listed in google.

Hope it helps.
Kf4ewo

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()