ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Anyone else have a little trouble getting into neutral?

Marc · 9 · 4012

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
Often I have to shift up and down and up and down to finally get the bike in neutral. Am I the only one?

Also, I can't seem to turn the key to lock the handlebars. Am I doing it right? (put key in, push down, turn left with handlebars cranked to the left)

Thanks!

drummerben

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm not sure about locking the handlebars, I haven't actually used that feature.

Neutral is between 1st and 2nd. In second gear I downshift slightly to get into neutral. I have noticed that I can't shift into neutral when I am stopped and the bike is still running.
What?

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, i realize neutral is a half-step between 1st and 2nd and yeah, i'm always trying to get it into neutral when it's running right before i turn it off as i park. Should I be leaving it in 1st when I park the bike?

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
The manual recommends leaving the bike in 1st when parking.  It'll keep the bike from rolling back.  I usually put mine in neutral though, usually parking on level ground.  I have trouble getting in neutral too.  Rolling the bike a little forward or backwards helps me most of the time.

As far as locking the handle bars.  I do use this feature and I notice that if you're leaning the bike over, it's harder to do.  I don't push the key all the way down and I don't turn the hand;e bars all the way.  I start trying to turn the key and then start turning the handle bars 'til it gets in the right position.

Hopefully this helps ya out some.
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, I finally got them locked last night after some key-jiggeling

So here's something else: I was riding last night and realized "This thing could really use some sort of light for the gauges" I had a plan to drill out the assembly and add LEDs and as I was coming back home, I cranked the handlebars to the left and all of a sudden noticed a flash. Long story short, I realized that the bike's gauges DO in fact light up and that mine just hadn't been working. It only comes on if I crank the bars all the way to the left and kind of wiggle it, so I'm assuming it's loose wiring but am dreading taking the whole thing apart to fix. Any tips or should I just dig in?

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
It's also really hard for me to get into neutral when the bike is stopped. I've noticed it's a lot easier to get the bike in neutral while it's moving a little bit. As for the handlebars, to lock it, it must be turned ALL the way to the side.

tinn-can

• View Profile
    • Email
Since it is new , the clutch cable will stretch with use so you need to adjust it... I noticed my bike would be at the edge of the friction zone with the clutch fully pulled, and after adjusting the little nuts in the middle of the cable, it works a lot better, finding neutral is fine, and I have the engagement point right where I want it...  

I bought mine used and didn't get a manual, I saw the online parts list but is there an online manual? I need to change my oil soon...

andydetrw

• View Profile
    • Email
If you e-mail zongshen america using the contact us link on their website they can send you a manual.  Also for anyone interested they have all part and service manuals for the zs250gs.  The people there are pretty amazing.

250gs

• View Profile
    • Email
I had some trouble with neutral select but I think its to do with clutch free play adjustment in my case. I found the free play hard to adjust due to not being able to feel the point of engagement. I found the best way to adjust is to pull the cable away from the perch then operate hand lever. Manual says to adjust 10-20mm of free play measured at outside end of lever. Now it operates fine!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()