ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Bike not starting after cutting out

leemoore01

• View Profile
Dear all

After getting my bike running i was on the motorway where i heard squealing noise coming from the engine.

I pulled over to check nd it seemed ok then after 5 miles the bike cut out again as if something had popped in the engine. I have since looked at the moving parts and everything seems to be moving when cranking over. There is plenty spark and no problems with fuel and there is plenty compression.

When turning over on the starter it seems to be turning too fast although it wont start. The oil filter has been cleaned out and there was some metal debris but none that would acount for a major failure of any component.

Any ideas

grumpy

• View Profile
Not good! At first i thought u may have accidentally hit the electric start button and stripped the gear, so the screeching noise, but u can still use the electric start, so it can't be that. Can it be push started at all??

leemoore01

• View Profile
No tried that also
There seems to be less resistance when trying to bump start it also although everything mechanicals seems to be moving

grumpy

• View Profile
Hope its nothing nasty like the auto cam chain tensioner slipping a tooth on the cam timing gear. Never heard of it happening on this bike yet, but it can happen on BMW's,Hondas and Yammies etc.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:30:09 PM by grumpy »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()