ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Cant get it to run right!!! HELP PLEASE??

gbaby4life

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi, im new  :)
I've had this bike for a little over a year and have had some problems with it. I know its probably what I deserve for getting such a cheap bike, haha. I just put a new battery in it and it won't start. the starter motor seems to be working fine but it doesn't seem to be catching to start the engine. Recently when im riding it will gradually loose power until it dies. The battery was dead at that point and that's why I put in a new one, but I haven't been able to get it started since. There is fuel in the tank and so it's not something obvious like that. ive also rebuilt the carb a million times and checked to make sure that all the hoses where on right there is a honey coat inside the carburator that wont come off even with carb cleaner im out of ideas!
Any help on what might be wrong with my bike would be much appreciate, thanks!

grumpy

• View Profile
Hi, im new  :)
I've had this bike for a little over a year and have had some problems with it. I know its probably what I deserve for getting such a cheap bike, haha. I just put a new battery in it and it won't start. the starter motor seems to be working fine but it doesn't seem to be catching to start the engine. Recently when im riding it will gradually loose power until it dies. The battery was dead at that point and that's why I put in a new one, but I haven't been able to get it started since. There is fuel in the tank and so it's not something obvious like that. ive also rebuilt the carb a million times and checked to make sure that all the hoses where on right there is a honey coat inside the carburator that wont come off even with carb cleaner im out of ideas!
Any help on what might be wrong with my bike would be much appreciate, thanks!

Gradually losing power and flattening battery sounds more like a bad stator. Battery is charged up and running flat after about an hour, then stator is probably not charging or Rectifier faulty. Test it or replace. Carb sounds like fuel contamination. Get a new one for less than a hundred US dollars.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:42:16 PM by grumpy »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()