ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Help - Top Speed and Acceleration

markscott36

• View Profile
Please can some one tell me if I have a major problem with my 2008 - ZS250GS. I brought the bike second hand a week ago. It has only done 1600 miles from new and looks new. It's a great looking bike, but has no go. A friend has a 250 Ninja and I cant get close to his 0 - 60, he's doing 60 when im at 30. Also he hits 100 MPH and I barley hit 70. The bike starts and runs ok. I took it to motorcycle dealer and he was recluctant to touch it, but did clean carb and change plug, oil and check it over. He said it was running ok and that the bhp was 18, and that about the lot for this engine. Has he missed anything, has anybody else had the same issue. I used to have an old CB250 superdream, that was quicker. Many Thanks

hampy123

• View Profile
A 250 ninja is a high performance bike that performs better than a lot of bikes with nearly double its cc. It is banned as a learner  bike in a number of countries due to its high power/weight ratio. His bike is probably a twin carb setup with a highly tuned engine. You wont keep up with your mates bike on a 250gs.

70 is a bit slow for this bike. Mine will do better than 85 , but not much more. 85 is about tops without mods.

A cb250 will be about the same as this bike I would think. Check the oil level in your gs after the dealer serviced it, i'll bet he's over filled the oil. That will detract from your performance for starters.

As for your dealer Go to someone else.

If you have a bit of bike experience then a 250gs will not be a grand experience. But as a preferred learner, first bike it does the job well. 

Macusjuli

• View Profile

grumpy

• View Profile
A 250 ninja is a high performance bike that performs better than a lot of bikes with nearly double its cc. It is banned as a learner  bike in a number of countries due to its high power/weight ratio. His bike is probably a twin carb setup with a highly tuned engine. You wont keep up with your mates bike on a 250gs.

70 is a bit slow for this bike. Mine will do better than 85 , but not much more. 85 is about tops without mods.

A cb250 will be about the same as this bike I would think. Check the oil level in your gs after the dealer serviced it, i'll bet he's over filled the oil. That will detract from your performance for starters.

As for your dealer Go to someone else.

If you have a bit of bike experience then a 250gs will not be a grand experience. But as a preferred learner, first bike it does the job well.

Yeah I agree 100pc with this reply. Ninja is very high performance bike and is banned as a learner in some countries due to high power to weight ratio. Top speed Zong about (quoted)-140KPH=85MPH. Most countries you can't ride faster than 100-110kph on roads anyway, so Zong should do job ok. If learner with no bike experience you wont want to get a Ninja anyway.
Get some experience with a more moderate bike like a 250 ZS or other make. Don't kill yourself too quick!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()