ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Valve Spacing

andydetrw

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about making sure my valves are correctly spaced and I was wondering about the gasket.  I dont want to replace that thing so I was wondering if anyone had tried to do this yet, and if so did you replace the gasket.

Thanks

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I've adjusted my valves and I didn't replace the gasket...  I had a guy helping me that knew what he was doing, and he said it was fine.  Good luck with all that.  By the way, if you haven't checked it out yet, you should join us in the "Chit Chat" area.  Several of us play there.
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

250gs

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeh i'd just check/adjust the valves then put covers back on. With only a few thousand miles you probably won't need new o rings yet.

andydetrw

• View Profile
    • Email
Is there anyway you could give me a quick step by step.  I think I know what I am doing but not sure.  Thanks

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
If you prefer diy work this might help….remove fairings and gas tank for more space, open the crankshaft bolt cover and flywheel timing mark cover with wide tip flat screwdriver, put some rug so not to damage the chrome covers, rotate crankshaft counterclockwise using 16mm socket wrench until the T mark aligns w/ a notch inside the peekhole  and piston is on top dead center (TDC) you can verify by removing the sparkplug…if a screwdriver sinks on the sparkplug hole, rotate another 180-360deg until piston is on topmost position and timing marks are aligned…use your feeler guage to check the gaps, the manual here says 0.07mm for intake and 0.10mm for exhaust…loosen the locknut, and feeler guage must have a bit of drag then tighten…replace cover o-rings if available (from auto supply stores)…hth

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()