ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

2009 250GS

sanction66

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum (lead here by a cool review by "xanthmo"). So I am thinking of getting the 250 GS. Saw it at a dealership yesterday for $2k and it seems like a great beginner bike. I live in Los Angeles and have never ridden before. Seems like a less powerful bike would be the best choice since I don't plan on hitting the highway.

ANYWAY, in my research, I heard references to a 2009 model. Anyone know if a new version of the bike is coming out? And, if so, is it worth waiting for (and paying the higher $$)? Or is the 2006 version worth grabbing.

I just want to get my money's worth. $2,000 is CHEAP for a motorcycle, but I want a decent bike.

Thanks for the insight!

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
Is the bike at the dealer new? If it is, does it come with any sort of warranty? I'd recommend a warranty if I were you. And finally, if it's at a dealer listed for $2000 offer them 1500 and go from there, you'll be able to talk them down a little. Finally, i wouldn't wait for any new zongshen, get the 2006 new or get a used japanese bike.

xanthmo

• AOL Instant Messenger - xanthmo2
    • View Profile
    • http://xanthmo.com
    • Email
Hey Sanction, Welcome to the forum!

Xanthmo hangs around here a little  :lol:

I have had pretty good luck with my bike so far, but I am only at around 700mi.  Other than changing the oil, and adjusting the clutch, I have not had to do any real repairs.  However, Marc just posted what sounds like a pretty serious problem he's having, so these bikes may not be bulletproof.

I chose this bike for the price, and so far have had a really good time with it.  $2000 is a decent price, I think mine came in at $2199 from Scooter Dynasty, shipping included, and I have seen them priced much higher at dealers in Florida.  You may have some negotiation room coming from a dealer in CA, since there is no shipping cost.

We have a pretty good amount of information here in these forums, so read and research, and decide if this bike is for you.

Thanks for joining!

Xanthmo

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
Yes, welcome. This bike has been great to me. Low maint. exc on gas and easy to ride. I did not pay as much as most b/c mine was not running when i got it so i got a deal ;)  But for the money it's worth it. Have about 1300 miles and she seems fine now. Heard about 2009 but not released yet and may be more $.
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

tinn-can

• View Profile
    • Email
Got my 250 for $2000 and just picked up a SV650S for $4000, and what a world of difference... The 250 is great for putting around town, and getting great gas mileage, but damn is it slow and cheaply made... at "75" (spedo is nowhere near accurate) it is really unstable... Maybe they will lower the speed limits back down to 55, but for now, I can't leave my town on this bike without the possibility of the engine blowing up, or being run over from going too slow.

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
Quote from: "tinn-can"
Got my 250 for $2000 and just picked up a SV650S for $4000, and what a world of difference... The 250 is great for putting around town, and getting great gas mileage, but damn is it slow and cheaply made... at "75" (spedo is nowhere near accurate) it is really unstable... Maybe they will lower the speed limits back down to 55, but for now, I can't leave my town on this bike without the possibility of the engine blowing up, or being run over from going too slow.

Sorry to hear ur bike is so slow. I use mine on the toll road everyday running 65-70 with no problem and it will top out at bout 75-80 or so. Have not any major problems and she is a great bike. I also have a sport bike so I understand the power diff. 1995 GSX-R750 :twisted:  But the Zong is reliable and great on gas.
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()