ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Unconnected Hose Pipe??

250gs · 3 · 1854

250gs

• View Profile
    • Email
While having a look under the seat I noticed the end of this hose dangling. The only ref to it in the book is it may be a secondary air filter. Something to do with anti-pollution. The other end is cnnected to an air pump located near the rt side horn(see the photo below).
Someone mentioned in this forum, I think, that it should be connected at other end to the air box but although this is where the end is sitting/hanging, I see no inlet/outlet on the air box to connect it to. There is also no clamp on the hose at this end. Idon't think it is affecting the running of the bike but if this is how it sits it doesn't seem very well designed.

Anyone got any ideas about it?

[attachment=1:2mykw9u4]DSC01043.JPG[/attachment:2mykw9u4]

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
thats right the second pic is an air pump or secondary air induction device, and it gets the fresh air it needs from the small air filter (1st pic) to mix with any unburned fuel from the exhaust and redirecting it again to the carb via inlet manifold for secondary burning for cleaner exhaust (emission compliance)...when that small air filter looks dirty just replace or clean with compressed air... just leave it open, if plugged or dirty will make your air/fuel mix rich and will affect performance....

250gs

• View Profile
    • Email
Yes thanks for that reply msr- It makes sense.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()