ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

ANYBODY (but me) BLOWN UP A 250GS

Namikuz

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm just courious as to how many of ya have oil consumption issues?

From mile 1 the bike injested oil through the intake.At 301 miles, It hydrolocked and started rattling afterwards. The dealer had the bike for two weeks and told me it sounded normal. So I took it back home(500 mile round trip) and at 1204 miles it hydrolocked AGAIN and NOW it sounds like a little man with a hammer is trying to escape and spilled a bag full of marbles.
I researched this lil bike before buying, in the Phillipeens, its a top seller and performer, China and other Asian contrys too.
I'll assume that this mechanical faliure is a flook. The engine has a full roller bearing lower end, like my indistrutable '83 Suzuki 1100.
I hope this is a flook. The dealer is having a new engine sent in from Zongshen. We contacted Nick Lin, General Manager, Zongshen America in Florida, and he is sending one out. He says they are anxious to see what failed. Well I'm pretty sure the piston is cracked and most likely a bent conecting rod, which destroys roller bearings.  We will see.
Over all, it's been fun to run thgrough 4 gears and reach legal speeds. On my Suzi, I go through 1 gear and............ :mrgreen:  GO TO JAIL!!!!
 Any way, courious....
Robbie(Namikuz)Stevens
Salt Lake City Utah
Rev'em High...
   Rev'em HARD!!!
06 ZS250GS (GONE)
04 Saturn Ion(GONE)03 Mini Cooper S MODDED!!!
1948 Dodge 3 window coupe, 426 4speed
83 Suzuki GS1100ESD modded(even FASTER)

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
i'm curious too what happened to your engine...i hope they replace it soon
no issues for me on oil consumption....

250gs

• View Profile
    • Email
Hmmm seems you might have a dud there, mines done about 4000km now and the oil level hasn't changed in last 2000km. So maybe just bad luck with yours.!

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I noticed mine got low on oil, but that ties to the fact that I blew out the seals...  At least I would think...
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()