ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

weak spark at coil

drummerben

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah--tried a hotter burning plug, but the problem is actually getting the spark. Even a better plug doesn't work. I should be getting the new stator in a week or so...we'll see.
What?

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
ok keep me up.
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

drummerben

• View Profile
    • Email
Just got my stator in today. Having never replaced one of these before, I didn't really know what to expect. After getting the cover off, about half a quart of oil came spilling out. Certainly didn't expect that...and was a little worried but this is normal. My problem now is that I have to replace the gasket around the side cover that cracked when I took it off (which wasn't sent with the stator). So now I have to call Scooter Dynasty to get this (another week). Hopefully this will fix my problem. Surprisingly it was easy to replace once I figured out the wire routings. My plan is to go ahead and change the oil once I get the new stator on and the gasket replaced. Wish me luck!
What?

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • Email
That's what im talking bout. Yes the oil is normal. I had an oil leak on the same side too. I used rtv silicon from autoparts store it works best it is gasket maker. I have no leaks now.
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

drummerben

• View Profile
    • Email
So I installed the stator, but the bike has a new problem. Now it won't turn over at all. It acts as if the battery is dead, but its not (completely charged). Is there a seperate adjustment that I need to make when the stator is installed? I put everything back the way it came off and plugged it in the correct plugs...what gives?
What?

drummerben

• View Profile
    • Email
Well...
Good News!! The bike FINALLY started! It was most definitly the stator. The problem I last posted about the bike seeming as if the battery was dead was a false alarm. I believe what happened is when I changed the stator, it wasn't lubed. So when I went to start, it didn't have the lubrication to spin. After a few times of trying, I finally started. Now it starts immediately every time. I took it out and it runs very smooth.

Hoorah!

Bad news...
I had just cancelled the insurance on it because I wasn't going to be able to drive it...also I still haven't registered it. Guess I need to take care of some of that before I ride it again.
What?

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats on getting it fixed! I just took the insurance off of mine since it's sitting broken in the garage. We've got half a foot of snow on the ground too, so it seems riding season is over. :( I'd just like to get it fixed before my warranty runs out.

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • Email
Great job on getting it started. :?:  Where are u Marc?
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
In the mountains in Southwest Montana. It mostly melted today, but still. it's too early for that crap.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, screw the snow...  That's why I live in Texas...  Either it's ice or it's nothing.  :twisted:   Do they make snow chains for the Zong???

Yo Drummer, way to go on the fix!  Yeah, you might take care of that stuff first...  You don't wanna be like me, I've been riding the whole time without a license...   :?   Well I haven't got caught yet, but I can't ride on base...
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

drummerben

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, rides like a dream (as much as it can). Took it out today for an extended drive...did well.
What?

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
What kind of speeds you achiving now drummer?
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

drummerben

• View Profile
    • Email
didn't really want to push it too far, so I got to about 70. No drags or other problems.
Just fyi--changed to a denso iridium--runs very smooth.
What?

bmotoco

• View Profile
    • Email
My cdi came on sat. pluged it up and she started right up.I need to adjust the carbs a bit. But the cdi was definetly the prob. I hope ur's is a simple as that. Keep me posted on how it works for u.

Where did you guys find the CDI's?
Thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()