ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

The Perfect Question to Pick a Fight

Myth · 26 · 9883

Poll

Who ya' votin' for???  (The perfect question to pick a fight. :-p )

Obama
1 (14.3%)
McCain
6 (85.7%)
Independent/Other
0 (0%)
Not Voting
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 19, 2008, 05:18:55 AM

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I know...  You're not supposed to discuss politics, but I'm bored and curious...  So, let's see how this plays out. :D
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

xanthmo

• AOL Instant Messenger - xanthmo2
    • View Profile
    • http://xanthmo.com
    • Email
I just finished a political science class, and it really made me aware of many of the political issues our country faces.

I think I personally align best with the libertarian party - but the likelihood of them gaining any representation is pretty slim.

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
While I side more with republican values, my vote will go to Obama. Again, I feel as though neither candidate is especially good and neither has given me extreme confidence in my decision, but I just can't imagine McCain in the whitehouse. If Obama can fulfill all the promises he's made, I will be quite thrilled and if he can't, I hope it causes democrats to see that our problems don't come from republicans, but from our political system as a whole.

So yeah, Obama, although deep down I would love to see Ron Paul win, but he has no chance because he's just a tad too extreme for most americans.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, I'm lean more republican than anything.  Me being from Texas and all...   :roll:   If we could get the guns outta the hands of the bad people there'd be no need to take them away from good people and if we could take them away from the bad people then we would've.  So passing a law will only disarm good people, not the bad ones.  And when someone can't see that fact, I can't vote for them cause I'm wondering what other things that should be so obvious, are going to elude them.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
X, you're so right...  This is extremely dosile...  Almost passive....   :)  I don't think the members are monitoring/subscribed to the Chit Chat forum...

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
I don't think partisan beliefs are as clearly defined as they used to be ... to many social issues and no easy answers.  If you can pick a favorite party belief (like gun control) that makes the decision much easier.  I am concerned about the economic situation, and while I would call myself a republican (to go major party), democrats can be good for the economy.  However, being a business owner, democrats can be a roll of the dice ... more corporate taxes?

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, I keep things pretty simple.  Having a democratic pres. while the demo's also hold the... House or Congress... can't remember which one...  But having it where you don't have one part of our government trying to screw another one to make them look bad could possibly help out our nation some...  I also come from a family of Repub's and that being as it is, most of the info I recieve is slanted to make the Demo's look bad.  So I might have a slightly skewed prospective.  It would take a lot of selling to get me to vote for the other party...

Keep in mind, I don't watch the news or listen to the radio...  To a degree I live under a rock.   :D

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
There are some good republican talk radio programs - Michael Medved - even Michael Savage to a degree - I have not found the democratic counterpart to those 2 - wouldn't mind hearing the other side of the story either.  I find the afore-mentioned programs on am 560 in Chicago.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, but when I'm home I'm watching movies, playin' with the kiddo's or something of that nature...  Don't listen to the radio much and don't have one on the bike, so I can't listen on the way to work.  Hell. I don't know if I'd listen if I had the chance anyways.  I tend to just ask various people what they think and why and that helps me to get multiple perspectives.  And I use arguments that I pick up along the way to see how they might rebutle...  Which probably makes me sound like someone who sets out to find debates, but that's not so much the case.

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
I just noticed that the votes placed among this group are not representative of the population as a whole.  Based on our 4/Mcain to 1/Obama vote, I can deduce that Zongshen riders tend to "vote" republican.  

How about the Palin v Biden debate?  I though Biden was very articulate, respectful, and positive.  I do not buy into the personal scrutiny of Palin, but in this debate, she was not a very strong speaker, she missed a few direct-fire questions, and reverted back to Alaska's energy policy.   I can only speculate whether it was nerves, or intentional skirting of issues.

What did y'all think?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:10:38 AM by xanthmo »

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm not going to lie X...  I have no idea...  I have TV now, but don't watch anything but usless dribble.   :lol:

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
I was going to comment on the new record of users, instead I had a private celebration  :ugeek:

My figures were inaccurate anyway, I think I called 1/5, but it is actually 1/4.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
You had a private celebration...  Was there alcohol involved?   :cry:   It's so touching....

Yeah, I thought your numbers were wrong, but I wasn't paying close enough attention.  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:20:38 AM by Myth »

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
Well Myth, we might as well be the first zongshenforum conspirators - I'll start ... done.   No one will ever know  :twisted:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()