Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Naked GS250

xanthmo · 30 · 9636

xanthmo

• AOL Instant Messenger - xanthmo2
    • View Profile
    • http://xanthmo.com
    • Email
Sorry, I don't have one, and don't have a picture of one, but I would like to go without the front fairing, and create more of a Honda 919 look. [attachment=0:3rgo056i]2006-Honda-919a-small.jpg[/attachment:3rgo056i]

I think this may be my winter project.  For those of you that have taken the front fairing off, is the cluster independent of the plastics, or is it all one piece?

I may start checking ebay for the headlight assemblies, and other parts.

Also, I took the little black cover off the bottom to change the oil, and thought the Zong looked better without it, except for the frame looking a little tacky in the corner.

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
Part 2 of this is that the stock fairing funnels wind right to the shield on my helmet - creating the buggiest rides of any bike I have been on.  Any one else notice that?  Fairing-less creates a cleaner airstream, that is not concetrated in one area.

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
nice idea sir...only parts connected to the front fairing is the headlight assembly and 2 front signal lights...

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah X, I've noticed that at times when I'm laying down on my bike it can tend to get a little buggier...  If I understand what you're asking...  The gauges don't go anywhere when you pull the front fairing.  You just lose your headlight and turn signals, but it sounds like you know that.

Are you implying you're not going to be riding the Zong through the snow and ice???  God, what a wuss...   :D
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
When I was in the FZ1 club, many people took the fairings off, and opted for the street fighter look.  I don't really like the ninja look of the front of the stock zongshen, because it isn't a ninja.  So if I can salvage the instrument panel, and replace the headlights and turn signals with another style, my plan should be pretty easy.  

And riding in the snow, don't you live in TX, there is absolutely no comparison between Chicago snow, and the TX frost (Can't even call it snow).  When I was a little younger, and much dumber I used to ride the FZ1 year round - but more responsibilities, and a total intolerance for cold have changed my outlook on things.  It has only been in the high 50's and low 60's at night, and I am already freezing when Im riding, particularly a breeze up my pant leg that, well it's kind of personal, but I did see something on craigslist which reminds we of what I am talking about, and it is not as NSFW as it looks, it is actually SFW.

HEADING STATES: FREE BALLSACK/TEEBAG!!!! Link:http://http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/den/807294694.html

**I don't really want to be the first booted off the forums, so I hope this is not considered offensive.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Well my friend...  I can't see the link, craigslist is banned...  It snows here every few years!   :)   And it would be better if it did snow.  You can get traction on snow...  What we get is straight up ice.  It'll turn to a solid sheet of ice everywhere.  And don't think I'm playing...  I used to drive a Toyota MR2 Spyder...  I drove it to work one day when I knew it was icy, just cause I'm dumb like that.  I had a 40 mile trip to work, one way and I worked 12 hour shifts.  So it was dark when I went to work and it was dark when I went home.  On the way to work it wasn't bad, no one else was crazy enough to drive in that crap.  So I just had to drive.  But then it thawed some during the day and everyone else decided they were going to work.  Dumb a$$es...  If they couldn't drive on it in the morning, then they didn't need to drive on it at all.  So on the way home there was serious traffic...  The thing with driving on ice is to make sure you keep every movement smooth.  When I was the only one there it was easy.  But all these a-hole were hitting there brakes and then trying to accerate...  You can't do that...  It causes people to wreck!!!  It was bumper to bumper traffic and I had a car right beside me...  The person in front of me just had to keep hitting his brakes and then taking off...  If you tried to leave space, the a-hole beside you would squeeze in and then you're baxk where you were, with the added problem of changing lanes.  It's slicker in the middle...  Duh!  Well the spyder just turned sideways in the road one of the times I had to easy back on the gas!  My headlights were pointing in the window of the guy beside me!!!  You could see the terror in his eyes...  Then I some how managed to just slide it back into place...  Never left my lane!  I had to clean out my drawers...  But I made it.  But this was just to let you know, It might not SNOW....  But it gets really shytty here too.  And then there's the bonus that people here have no idea how to drive in it...  It doesn't happen enough!

And I'll ride in the snow and ice cause I don't have any other option...  And I kind of wanna prove I can...  I just need some arctic gear, cause I hate the cold!

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
Maybe some heated handlegrips and a heated riding jacket?  Now we are going to have to have a how to thread on installing a 12v "cigarette Lighter" type of plug on the zongshen.  I bet it would mount well on the little black battery cover, and have very easy access to the battery terminals, then you just plug your heated jacket right in - also great if you like to keep your cell phone charged while you are riding, or plug in the TOM-TOM for those extended adventures.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Heck yeah X.  I've already started looking into the heated gear.  I don't think I'll do heated grips, I'll probably do heated gloves.  Hell they even have heated chaps!  I think they have heated boots too...

You know X, we tend to topic serf just a little.   :lol:  

Yeah we need to start a heated gear thread...  Maybe post some pics and/or links.  As long as it gets cold before Jan. I'll be riding in it.  If it holds off, I'll be away so I might miss it.

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
You are right about the topic surfing - I will try to keep my posts a little more organized - it's just hard for me not to go on tangents, particularly when a thread segues naturally.

Well, I am out for today - heading up to WI to find some unique beers .

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Don't worry about topic serfing.  If we start doing that then our coversations will go to shyt.  There'll be 40 topics start by you or me so we can BS naturally.   :shock:   Should sign the perverbial dotten line tomorrow.

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
Which branch are you joining Myth?  I am assuming by recruiters you are joining the armed forces.

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
Think Long... and Think Real Hard... before u sign that life changing contract.
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I joined the Army Reserves.  Contracted for 3 years active reservist, 8 years overall military stay.  So if I don't re-up, I'm inactive reserves for 5 years.  Basic is going to be in Georgia and AIT is going to be in Virginia.  I'm going to be trained to work on the Chinook Helicopter.  Should be interesting.  
Shipping out Jan. 6, 2009.

I've been thinking about it for a while.  The only thing that sucks about joining, is I'm going to miss my kiddos while I'm away.  I'm going to be gone for about 27 weeks.

Lol, now I'm a Private.   :lol:

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
Good luck. Been there, done that. Seen Desert Storm and not trying to go back. When I first enlisted I went for helicopter maintenance and when I got to basic they said..."That mos is full, but u can take vehicle maint instead. So I took it. The skills I learned have been good for me. But not the bullets. Basic and ait @ ft. dix n.j.
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for the good wishes ICE.  My recruiter was trying like hell to push me into 63B, light wheeled vehicle machanic.  But once I found out that I could get into the 15 series, I was sold on it.  15 series being aviation.  They're supposed to train me to be a 15U crewcheif.  Which means that I get to ride in the bird and work on it.  I kind of hope I miss deployment, but kind of want to be deployed...  The most deployments I should be able to see would be 3, assuming I only stay in for the 8 years.  But once I make it that far, I'll probably ride it out.  I don't know for sure yet though, seeing as I'm not even in yet.  :)   I'm going to try to be at least an E2 by the time I head out to basic.  Maybe an E3 if lucks on my side.  I heard that having your basic and AIT in the same place sucks really bad.  That true?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()