ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

New to 250 GS

xanthmo · 87 · 35119

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
When you were leaning on it, could you see your gauges around or over it?  I might end up looking into something like that at some point, cause my only means of transportation is the Zong...  So I ride the shyt outta mine.  70-80mph almost always, 55-60mpg (55mpg being most of the time)...  Been 2300 miles on the bike so far and growing fast.  I really just can't wait until it starts getting icy...  Fun, Fun.
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

xanthmo

• AOL Instant Messenger - xanthmo2
    • View Profile
    • http://xanthmo.com
    • Email
Yeah, I could see over it, but I have not tried it on the Zongshen - I sold it with the FZ-1.  I really wish I would have kept all my gear, in retrospect.  

Did you have to tune the carb to get into the 70-80 range?  My bike runs well, and has only seemed to improve on acceleration, but, my top speed is actually lower than when I first started riding it, maybe 65max.  I tinkered with the fuel/air mixture a little, but may have done more harm than good.  Have not checked the plug for indications yet.  Exhaust smells and looks clean though.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I had a helper who tweeked the carb a little, but I think he tried to put it back where it was...  Right after screwing with it my top end seemed to suffer a little.  But it's came back.  I've actually gotten up to about 87mph, but that was down hill with the wind at my back...  :)   Have you adjusted you valves???  Cause there's a way to set them to give you a little more on the high end...  At least that's what I was told.  If I remember correctly you're supposed to set the valves a little on the tighter side...

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
I have not adjusted valves - just played with the fuel/air mix a little.

Has anyone noticed if different octane fuels increase or decrease performance?  I think it says 90 or higher on the bike somewhere, maybe on the label on the swingarm.  I only use regular, but I can't remember if that is 87 or 92 octane.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Regular is 87.  I only run High grade in mine which is 92 and I sometimes put in additives.  And it says #90 or higher in the manual.  How many miles do you have on your ride X?

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
I am a little over 600 miles - I really haven't been riding much because my plate was expired for 2 months.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Oh yeah, I forgot you had trouble getting registered.  The guy I bought mine from took care of all that crap.   :oops:   But at least I wasn't roadkill...  So now I get to find a replacement bulb.  YAY!!!   :roll:  I'll let y'all know how it works out.

xanthmo

• View Profile
    • Email
I did change the oil last weekend with some Yamaha oil I had left over.  I realized it had shipped way over filled, I don't know why I didn't notice that earlier?

I still need a good chain lube, I have been using whatever I can find.

My bright headlight works sporadically, with really no consistent pattern - I may have to check the wiring.  

If you find a working bulb Myth, let us know, I am sure we will all need one sooner or later.  I would probably keep one extra with the bike - since mine only has the dim, I am afraid if it goes out at night, well ... I am not sure what I would do.

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
I think his tank bag will work pretty good on the zong b/c u sit a little higher than on an super sport bike. After I looked at it real good u should still be able to see on it. I also us 97+ oct. and also run a little racing gas to boost the performance every couple of fill ups. The zong is a very good bike but i'm still working on getting a little stutter out about 6 to 7k rpms. MPG is about 55- 60 depending on how I ride and MPH is about 75 or so.
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Devstatham

• View Profile
    • Email
Im looking  to get that bike and modify the  carb simply by switching out the jet ... the Lifan engine carb is the same on the Zongshen .. that  will really  boost the speed ... up  along with modified air filter and exaust for easy breathing ...  mabey a different sproket on rear ....   But  first ..... need to get that bike .. I enjoyd viewing the pictures of  new bikes , theres some great Vids on  youtube ...  and parts sold on ebay  for them ...

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Welcome to the forum Devstatham.  A  way to boost the top end?!  I could definitaly go for that...  All I need now is that one thing I used to have back in the day....  what was it called....  oh yeah, money.   :D   Good luck on getting the Zong Dev.  Seems like the perfect starter bike and it's priced nicely.

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
Devstatham,
Is the carburetor really a Sheng Wey? I don't know how to tell on mine.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()