ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

500 Mile Service

Myth · 7 · 3000

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
How many people have done this so far?  I'm actually at 600mi and I'm planning on trying mine this weekend.  I was just wondering if anyones done all the stuff that it says to do in the manual???  Adjusting the valves and such...
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
If my speedometer worked I would probably be more mindful of servicing the bike. When I get to about 500 miles I'll probably do a service, but I doubt I'll do everything that's suggested. That just seems like a little overkill.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Well I tore into it...  almost literally...  It might be good to note that when you are removing the front end; ie: windsheild area, rearview mirrors, head light and front turn signals..., make sure not to put any pressure on the headlight cable.  Unhook it as soon as you get it out far enough to do so.  It may have just been my bike, but the headlight pulled right out...  It broke the plastic areas that hold the screws that hold the clip on which in turn holds the bulb bracket in...  So it's now glued together until I can get a new piece. :D

Oh well, live and learn right?

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
How did you manage to take off the front turn signals?? I've tried and didn't succeed.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I didn't actually remove the turn signals from the front end, I just unhooked the wires and removed the front end.  Sorry for the misconception.
I've also decided that I'm probably not going to tear it apart again.  It's a little rough on the start up and warm up, but that could be because of the plug, so I'm going to start there and I might wait 'til the next service time to readjust the valves.  Unless something dire comes up prior to that.

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
How did you unhook the wires?!  :shock:  Mine went straight to the main console. I couldn't find any removable connectors.

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Well the connectors are in the boot area with the headlight connector.  It's like a rubber weather gaurd to protect the connectors.  But the turn signal connectors aren't like the large plastic one used on the headlight.  They're a small in-line one.  I've seen this type before, but I can't think of a better way to discribe them.  There are two wires for each turn signal.  Blue and Green for the right side and Orange and Green for the left side...  I think...  I don't have any way to ge to pictures on the internet, so I can't provide a visual aid.  Sorry.  But I hope this helps none the less.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()