ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Okay... Now mine's broke...

Myth · 11 · 4527

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I was running down the highway @ about 60-70mph and my RPM's just dropped and the bike died...  I coasted over to a shoulder, couldn't get it started so started pushing.  I would stop pushing every now and then and try to turn it over and I could get it to start sometimes, but I'd put it to an idle at around 4-5k and then without taking off the throttle the RPM's would just drop back down and it'd die again.  And then I couldn't get it to turn over again for a while.  But after a while when I could get it to turn over again, it's just do the same thing.  I was going to bring my maintenance manual to work so I could go through it and try to figure it out, but I forgot it at home.

I was low on gas, but not out and I put in more gas and that didn't help the problem.  My dad thought that since I was low on gas, maybe condensation built up in the tank and I had watered down gas, so he had me add two caps full of rubbing alcohol to the tank.  Still not working...  Plug looks a little dark, maybe no fuel...  If there's a fuel problem, it's coming from the carb cause unhooking the hose from below the shut-off vavle, has gas runnning everywhere.  So the gas is making it past the filter...

Any ideas?
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
Damn Myth. :shock:  Try to remove the carb and while starting spray starter fluid into intake. If it starts that tell u if u r getting fuel or not then we can go from there.
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
My condolences. I'm definitely not the mechanic guy around here (as you probably know) so I'll stand on the sidelines and hope others can help you get it fixed. Mine's still garaged :(

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Okay, I talked to another guy who told me that the coil can cause similar symptoms, and he said to check that all I need to do is try to get it started and then pull the plug wire and put it on another plug and get that plug close to the one still in the bike and try turning it over again.  If I get spark then it's noe the coil and if I don't, then it's a short somewhere in the coil...  Sound pretty resonable???

drummerben

• View Profile
    • Email
As I have just been through major electrical problems, I might be informed on this. The plug will usually tell you the problem. Pull the plug and lay it against the engine block with the wire in the plug. Check the spark intensity...it should be a distinctive blue. If not, then you can start looking at electrical components. The first place to start (as stated by your friend) would be the coil. You can move on back from there.

If its not electrical, then check to see that you are getting gas to the plug (is it wet and gas smelly when you pull it after cranking). Let us know how it goes.
What?

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Okay, I checked the spark and it was really weak.  And it turns out my bike's still under warranty, so I took it back to the guy I bought it from and he says it's the CDI.  I should be picking up my bike tomorrow...  He also said he'd go on and do the 3000k maintenance on it while he was in there.  He's charging $75.  I wasn't giong to do it, but my dad said it was a good deal and talked me into it.  So I'll let y'all know if that was what it was.

ILL CLICK ENT

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ILLCLICKENTERTAINMENT
    • Email
Quote from: "ILL CLICK ENT"
My cdi came on sat. pluged it up and she started right up.I need to adjust the carbs a bit. But the cdi was definetly the prob. I hope ur's is a simple as that. Keep me posted on how it works for u.

I had the same prob with my cdi. It was posted in "weak spark". It's good to hear u got it fixed. :D
[size=150]Burn Rubber!... Not Your Soul!...[/size]
07 Zongshen 250 GS
95 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Zyphlin

• View Profile
    • Email

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Okay, an update...

They finally got in the CDI and changed it out.  They say that fixed part of the problem, but they say I blew the seals out and it shot oil all over the magneto...  So Monday he's going to take it to a guy in Dallas to have it worked on.  When I asked him how long it might be before I get it back he said a week or two... :D   Or maybe I'm just going to start venting in a different way...  Who knows...  I just know that the ways I used to vent aren't the best ways to go about it.  I'll let y'all know when I find out more.

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
what seals are they referring to? oil all over the magneto or stator is normal on our bikes, the stator is oil cooled so it is constantly bathed in oil....better get your bike back

Namikuz

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: "motorstar rider"
what seals are they referring to? oil all over the magneto or stator is normal on our bikes, the stator is oil cooled so it is constantly bathed in oil....better get your bike back
I thnk he is refering to the ignition side of things.
Robbie(Namikuz)Stevens
Salt Lake City Utah
Rev'em High...
   Rev'em HARD!!!
06 ZS250GS (GONE)
04 Saturn Ion(GONE)03 Mini Cooper S MODDED!!!
1948 Dodge 3 window coupe, 426 4speed
83 Suzuki GS1100ESD modded(even FASTER)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()