ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Survey: Who's put the most mileage on their GS250?

timr8655142

• View Profile
    • Email
Please post how many miles you currently have on your ZS GS250, I am trying to determine what kind of life I can expect to get out of this bike.  I plan to ride it quite a lot, about 100 miles per day, 5 days a week.  I have a 2005 Ninja 250 at the moment with 28,000 miles on it to give you an idea.  I just want to know if I should try out a ZS, or stick with the tried and true Ninja 250?

Note: Please don't post your # of miles if you see that somebody else has already posted a number that is higher than yours.

Thanks Everybody!

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
I made it to 3000 before mine died...   :?   Now I'm going to be back at zero...  Not sure what the root cause of the failure was, but mine is dead and they're replacing the engine.  I don't know if mines failure was a fluke or what, but none the less it didn't make it.
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

Namikuz

• View Profile
    • Email
Honestly, having been on both the Kawi and ZS. There is really no comparring the two.   The Kawi is a 2 cyl and the ZS a thumper. Lots of above 60ish mph is taxing to the 'lil thumper. The Kawi spins faster, is liquid cooled and has another gear in the trans.  The ZS is fun, looks SOOOO much beter in my opinion and gets about the same economy. The Kawi is a better long term bike here in the States. In the Phillipeans(sp) it is ENORMOUSLY popular. Most speeds are lower than here and the ;lil thumper isn't taxed so much(also us FAT Americans lol). I have an '83 Suzuki GS1100ESD for big rides and the 'lil ZS for puttin' around town and to work. So, I'de be inclined to stay with the Kawi and pop another 28K on it and then trade up on a 500 Kawi.

PLEASE DON"T HATE ME!!!!!!   I LOVE MY 'LIL PAK MULE, but it is old tech and not really designed for U.S.A. hiway speeds for long periods of time.

p.s. I got 1201miles before mine popped, but that was because of an assembly problem with the emissions system, causing the bike to hy-droloc.
Robbie(Namikuz)Stevens
Salt Lake City Utah
Rev'em High...
   Rev'em HARD!!!
06 ZS250GS (GONE)
04 Saturn Ion(GONE)03 Mini Cooper S MODDED!!!
1948 Dodge 3 window coupe, 426 4speed
83 Suzuki GS1100ESD modded(even FASTER)

250gs

• View Profile
    • Email
Mines done about 4000km (2500mile) since new and is definitely running better now with this mileage on it. Mostly I would ride 2-3 hr continuous at say 70-90 kmph(45-55mph). There's no o/heating but the revs are about 5000rpm at 70kmph in top. To do the mph you want maybe you could swap the rear cog for a couple of teeth less seeing that you sound like you not interested in stop start acceleration. You might be able to lower the engine revs that way and get a better top speed. Someone else on this forum might be able to confirm if this is a good idea or else check with a bike shop.

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: "timr8655142"
Please post how many miles you currently have on your ZS GS250, I am trying to determine what kind of life I can expect to get out of this bike.  I plan to ride it quite a lot, about 100 miles per day, 5 days a week.  I have a 2005 Ninja 250 at the moment with 28,000 miles on it to give you an idea.  I just want to know if I should try out a ZS, or stick with the tried and true Ninja 250?

Note: Please don't post your # of miles if you see that somebody else has already posted a number that is higher than yours.

Thanks Everybody!

mileage on my gs250 is 11,000kms+...no engine trouble since i bought it (lucky?) just some minor diy repairs like wheel bearings, flasher relay some loose wirings. maybe if want more fuel savings go with gs250, for more speed stick with the ninja.

cbyerspace

• View Profile
well the guy I bought mine from has over 6000miles, and still runs like its new, he let me compair his to mine, but he said the big thing is to not push the bikes... 70mph on these is like doing 100+ on a ninja, the higher the rpms the more wear on the motor, here if you stay off the highway our roads have a speed limit of 45mph, so i figure I can still speed alittle and not hurt the bike but if you want to go faster, I seen threads on different forums about changing out the sprocket one guy put a 36 tooth rear on and said he got up to 75mph in fith gear at around the 5-6 mark on the tac.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()