ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Newly mine zs250gs

leemoore01

• View Profile
Do you have a part number for this filter ?

What do you do with the hoses on the air box ?

Mines is a weird setup as the hoses from the crank goes through an environment protection devices then into a 3 way carbon filter one then onto the air-box the other hose on the air-box goes to another vent on top of the engine.

darealestspigguh

• View Profile
    • Email
ok,well, i thought they were all intake too, but turns out the hose attached to the metal pipe is a little exhaust outlet.  I unscrewed the pipe and stopped the hole with aluminum foil and used the same screw to keep it there and im just hoping that wont cause problems, i assume the exhaust will then find its way to the right pipe... i could be wrong tho.  But as for the crankcase, he gets a breather and the little metal piece on top of the carb boot gets a rubber nipple.  Add your K&N filter and you're good to go. Oh and the "EPD" its a just a little rubber reed covered in 5 pounds of metal, its stupid, so i threw it in the garbage ;D.  I just took my first test drive and it feels good except maybe a little weak on power.  But i have no previous experience riding the zong, it could just be a weak bike.  It feels like the clutch isn't fully engaging until i hit the higher rpm's. I have 10w40 in it and i live in miami, that shouldnt cause slippage right?

leemoore01

• View Profile
Can you maybe post pictures if you can. 10w/40 is fine even in Scotland I have carb cleaner ordered and I have ordered a hotter plug d6ea to try

darealestspigguh

• View Profile
    • Email
Well if im not mistaken scotland is a little cooler on a regular basis than Miami, so if anyone else has any input from a warmer climate, i'd appreciate it.  I have all the fairings on right now because i was doin a few test rides  ;D but once i get them off again i can take some pics for you.  I also have an alarm that is supposed to have a remote start but while i got it to turn the starter, the cdi wont turn on for lack of a red a black wire having a charge.  With the key in and engine running, this wire somehow reads a charge upwards of 40v. Aside from the coil i thought the entire system is 12v. i know the stator produces slightly more, but rectifier takes care of that.  If anyone knows what exactly this red and black wire does please enlighten me, im stumped as to why its voltage is so high. Oh it goes to the CDI BTW.

leemoore01

• View Profile
Red /black

Does it go to the shut off switch ?

darealestspigguh

• View Profile
    • Email
well the manual says yes, but i have not followed it cuz its all taped up, but that also wouldnt explain why the voltage is so high :-\...

darealestspigguh

• View Profile
    • Email
ok,  i have the pics here, but do you know of a site where i can upload them for free, i dont do much image hosting...

darealestspigguh

• View Profile
    • Email
at least now i can ride but im probably not finished...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:10:22 AM by darealestspigguh »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()