ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Stator Short Circuit?

leemoore01

• View Profile
Can anyone give me the values of the stator motor acroos the 3 yellow wires and also between a yellow wire and ground

grumpy

• View Profile
Not sure about this bike but my guess would be 0.5ohm to about 4 ohm across any yellow terms and o/cct between any yellow and earth. Can't guarantee. 

leemoore01

• View Profile
Thanks for the info.

I removed the stator from the bike and it clearly was short circuit.

I replaced it but it now looks like the cdi unit has blown. Chap i spoke to in the UK seemed knowledgeable and has says that the cdi has blown probably because of the environemt protection device on the bike.

I am know trying to source a wiring loom and cdi unit and getting rid of the environment protection device.

Anyhow its sarted snowing in Scotland again so im in no rush.  ;D

leemoore01

• View Profile
Stator replaced

Wiring loom replaced to accept another type of CDI unit..

Guesss what

3 turns of the starter and the thing kicked into life. Took it for a 10  mile run and it seemed to be ok.

Will do an oil change tomorrow as its been in the garage all winter. :)

grumpy

• View Profile
Thanks for the info.

I removed the stator from the bike and it clearly was short circuit.

I replaced it but it now looks like the cdi unit has blown. Chap i spoke to in the UK seemed knowledgeable and has says that the cdi has blown probably because of the environemt protection device on the bike.

I am know trying to source a wiring loom and cdi unit and getting rid of the environment protection device.

Anyhow its sarted snowing in Scotland again so im in no rush.  ;D

Glad u got the bike running ok now.
Looking at tthe electrics diagram looks like the CDI picks up a trigger pulse from the stator but the CDI is powered from the battery 12volt supply. I don't see how the EPD could affect the electrics as there is no connection to the electrics, not on mine anyway. MY EPD has a air type pump installed on the bike frame near the right side horn with 3 air hoses connecting to various engine/manifold points. Do you have an electrical connection to your EPD? Where is your EPD installed?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()