ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Where did you buy your bike?

Marc · 3 · 3125

Marc

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm getting ready to buy my first motorcycle -- the zongshen gs250 of course -- and I'm trying to find places to purchase it from. I know of scooter dynasty from a previous post on this forum, but that's about it. There's no local dealership that sells them, and I'm kicking myself for not nabbing one that was on ebay for $1600 shipped.

I see that on scooter dynasty they run $2200, so I'm a little bummed that my only option if I want a zongshen is to spend $600 more than I could have on ebay (still kicking myself, btw)

So with all that rambling aside, where did you get your bike, and would you recommend it again (if online.) Any tips or suggestions for purchasing, or anything you want to tell me for a first-time bike buyer?

I look forward to contributing lots of ridiculous and stupid questions to the forum. I'm glad I found this place!

drummerben

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Marc,

Scooter Dynasty was easy to deal with and shipped my bike out to me immediately. Good deals on ebay are great but you need to be careful that you are getting a warrantied (sp?) bike. I chose not to extend my warranty past the factory, but it still came with a 6 month (which, incidentally I am taking advantage of now). The float on my carb was stuck so Scooter Dynasty, upon hearing my woes, sent me a new one right out (although I am still waiting on shipment--I guess that's what I get for requesting over the holidays). My point is, you want some kind of customer service if there is the unfortunate problem (as in my case). Even though I had the problem with my carb, I am still satisfied with Scooter Dynasty's level of commitment to their buyers.

If you do get from them, be ready to do some assembly (minor)--bolt on front wheel, handlebars, pass. grab bar, mirrors (which are useless, BTW). Shipping something this big is always risky to some degree, however. The metal crate my bike came in was severly bent up, but the bike was intact. You never know what occurs between the warehouse and your house.

Good luck with your decision. I hope this sheds a small amount of light.
What?

xanthmo

• AOL Instant Messenger - xanthmo2
    • View Profile
    • http://xanthmo.com
    • Email
If you do purchase from ebay, make sure they are a licensed dealer in their state.  I know of a few dealers that sell on ebay like Economy Motors, that you should not have any problems with.  

From other sellers, you may receive the bike, but the registration documents could be difficult or impossible to attain.  And as drummer ben said, getting a warranty, even a short one, can be pretty helpful.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()