Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

New Owner

Icey-ZS250GS

• MSN Messenger - Chris69Ledoux@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bullrider485
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - IceyManipulator@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Recently bought a used GS250 and the speedometer does not work. Far as I can tell the cable is broke? Tried checking the Zongshen website but was unable to adequately browse their site... Anyone know where to possibly find parts for the speedometer or maybe any adequate alternatives for Zongshens speedometer setup?
Icey

P.s. Ive read through most of the threads on here and did not notice any helpful info. on this, if I missed something just slap me on the back of the head plz.   :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:55:03 AM by Icey-ZS250GS »
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.

z250gs

• View Profile
Haven't had any speedo problem. Mine was a bit loose at both threaded ends of the cable. Try tightening it up at those points. I found out about the looseness when cleaning the lower end of the cable and found a fair bit of lubricant leaking onto the cable. The other end was also loose. You should be able to get your hand in there under the dash/guages without removing any plastic. Otherwise it could be broken,  get on to Zongshen USA - if you're in US. The new cable shouldn't cost much.   

Icey-ZS250GS

• View Profile
    • Email
Yea it was a bit loose where it connected to the front wheel. I tightened it back but the speedometer still does not function. As for the oil, does that need to be replenished? Appreciate the help so far :)

Icey-ZS250GS

• View Profile
    • Email
Speedo problem is fixed...you'll never guess what the issue was.....

The guy I bought the bike from apparently tried to reverse the mileage or just not show as many miles because the speedo cable had been reversed. Thanks for the help again.a

z250gs

• View Profile
Speedo problem is fixed...you'll never guess what the issue was.....

The guy I bought the bike from apparently tried to reverse the mileage or just not show as many miles because the speedo cable had been reversed. Thanks for the help again.a
That sounds like the sort of guy you don't want to buy a bike from. At least it's working now.

Icey-ZS250GS

• View Profile
    • Email
Yea wish I had noticed it before I bought it eh.  ::)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()