ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

AFtermarket Parts

z250gs · 5 · 3161

z250gs

• View Profile
 ???Anyone been able to find oil filter cartridge aftermarket part eg by Fram or Vesrah or Ryco etc for our ZS250GS bikes?? I'd like to buy one from an auto parts supplier other than Zongshen direct but i'm having trouble with the cartridge number to cross reference. 

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
just clean these parts/area very well and its good as new....

z250gs

• View Profile
Thanks for reply MS Rider. How do you clean the paper filter element? Do you wash it in petrol or something? From the pic you send it looks like your filter is washable type. Mine is made of paper.

zong250

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for reply MS Rider. How do you clean the paper filter element? Do you wash it in petrol or something? From the pic you send it looks like your filter is washable type. Mine is made of paper.
Yeh the one in the pic looks like a washable element. I think Vesrah (Jap) sell the washable element type for about US$12. It will save a lot of money over the paper disposable types. I don't recommend washing a paper type. Throw it out and get a new one.

grumpy

• View Profile
Just a tip here, In the second pic there should be a small o ring installed in the recess of the screw hole at about 5 oclock position.  Dont forget to replace it as it can easily fall out when removing the main filter cover.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:12:03 PM by grumpy »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()