ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Engine wont start

Psych0F0x

• View Profile
Hi all, got a 2006 250GS and it has been good to me till it didn't want to start anymore. It started out by taking longer to start even with the choke out. Now that its warmer it doesn't start at all. Checked all the noobie mistakes I could make and my own guess would be a weak spark. The low battery light is on when I start it eventhough I fully charged the battery and changed the spark plug. Changing the spark plug made it start up quicker but now the weathers warmer it doesn't start up at all.  I called this scooter shop selling these bikes in Florida(I think) and he told me that it was a common occurance and that he's having a conflict with Zongshen because of it. Any help please? I'm clueless..

Icey-ZS250GS

• MSN Messenger - Chris69Ledoux@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bullrider485
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - IceyManipulator@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Get a new battery. If the battery is bad enough, even with charging it, it can still not hold a charge. May also try having it on the charger and trying to start it? If that works then well you know.

http://zongshenforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=85.0 <-- link might help.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:53:04 AM by Icey-ZS250GS »
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.

Psych0F0x

• View Profile
thanks! I'll give hooking it straight up to the charger a shot :) In case I'd have to buy a new battery, any suggestions where to get one? From zongshen, or is there somewhere I could get a better/cheaper one?

Icey-ZS250GS

• MSN Messenger - Chris69Ledoux@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bullrider485
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - IceyManipulator@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dunno for certain, but I'm sure you could just remove the battery from the bike and take it into any part store (i.e. Autozone, Wal-Mart, etc.) and they could help you match it up to a replacement.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.

Psych0F0x

• View Profile
I got the battery checked and its completely fine, help?

z250gs

• View Profile
Hi all, got a 2006 250GS and it has been good to me till it didn't want to start anymore. It started out by taking longer to start even with the choke out. Now that its warmer it doesn't start at all. Checked all the noobie mistakes I could make and my own guess would be a weak spark. The low battery light is on when I start it eventhough I fully charged the battery and changed the spark plug. Changing the spark plug made it start up quicker but now the weathers warmer it doesn't start up at all.  I called this scooter shop selling these bikes in Florida(I think) and he told me that it was a common occurance and that he's having a conflict with Zongshen because of it. Any help please? I'm clueless..
RE the Florida Dealer: I've never heard of such a problem. If there is a problem maybe you can get this dealer to explain it in plain english so we can get a better handle of it and hopefully one of us can help out. If the dealer can't give you specifics then it sounds like he's dreaming.
My advice is get in touch with zongshen USA and see if they can help. There is a maintenance manual for this bike that has some useful diagnostic flowcharts in the back of the book. Unfortunately it's written in slightly pidgin english, but I'm sure the z/shen USA people could interpret if need be. Good luck!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:59:38 PM by z250gs »

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email

does the engine crank but does not fire? or is it only clicking sound from starter relay?
make sure battery is ok, another possible cause of hard starting or no-start at all is your starter motor, the brushes inside could be dirty or worn out, remedy is to clean / replace or fabricate starter brush.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()