ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Need help. Wont start with ignition

izzy80 · 4 · 2541

izzy80

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello guys. This is actually my first post on here so first let me start off by saying hello. Im pretty new to the motorcycle scene as Ive only been riding for 5 months, but im loving it so far!  So heres my problem, we bought two Chinese import Zongshen gs250. But we're having a problem getting her bike started now. We were riding perfectly fine, stopped and turned off the bikes for a minute, but her bike wouldn't start up after this. We had to do a rolling start to get it to start then it was fine until we got home and we couldn't start it again. I went out and got a new battery thinking this was the problem, but i was wrong. Bike still wont start. So far the Lights go on when i turn the key, but when i hit the ignition, all i hear is a very rapid clicking coming from the relay located under the seat and all the lights die out. And the fuse in the relay is fine too. This is in neutral and also with the clutch pulled in. The only thing i noticed is that when I try with the clutch pulled in, there is no clicking, just everythign dying out.. Im stumped. Can anyone please help me out here???

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
one possible cause.....check those wires beneath the key ignition switch, the ones with connectors (covered with a black rubber boot), remove and reinsert them and make sure all wires are secured properly, those loose wiring could cause no-start symptoms, hth

cookac

• View Profile
    • Email
One other thing to check is there should be a fuse under the seat right where the clicking is coming from. Might see if it is blown.

kutlassboyz

• View Profile
clicking is probably battery or starter not gbetting power from battery. stator probably bad though. same thing happened to me

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()