ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Some info please..

Guest · 11 · 4031

congpay

Hi guys, I just bought myself a second handed Zongshen GS250. I'm planning to do some mild maintenance for this bike. Since this bike came without any service manuals so I need some infos about :
1. How high is the float level of the carburetor ? How do you measure it exactly ?
2. What is the valve clearence for this bike ? In and Out ?

Thanks in advance guys :)

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
for question no.2, valve clearance: intake 0.07mm and exhaust is 0.10mm

congpay

Thx for the reply bro...Anybody happens to know the answer for question number 1 ? Isn't it written on the Zong's manuals you had ?

motorstar rider

• View Profile
    • Email
nothing on the manual about float height, but if you're just doing some mild maintenance then no need to change stock height unless you messed around with the jets, needle height, intake....etc

kutlassboyz

• View Profile
float height per manual is 16-15 mm anything else must be repaired

congpay

float height per manual is 16-15 mm anything else must be repaired

Thx for this info bro...But the problem is how do you measure the 16-15mm distance ? Is it written there on how to measure it ? Or does it have an illustration on how to measure it....Thanks...

kutlassboyz

• View Profile
autopart store will have gauge but if there is a motoshop near u they will have a better one cyclegear will have it cheaper than a mom n pop

congpay

autopart store will have gauge but if there is a motoshop near u they will have a better one cyclegear will have it cheaper than a mom n pop

I live on a different continent bro..Asia to be precise :) Anyway isn't it written there somewhere in the manual how to measure it..?? The istance 15-16mm from where to where ? Or an illustration maybe ? And does your Zongs 250GS comes also with the standard 30mm CV Teikei (TK) Carb ?

kutlassboyz

• View Profile
it came with tk but i have a raptor on it now. the float moves up and down it should be 15-16mm from top (you will have carb upside down so it will seem like bottom) of bowl u can use a ruler or mark a toothpick unless it sat with gas in carb or u have dropped it the float is usually ok. but it should only move a cm and a half or so either direction.

darealestspigguh

• View Profile
    • Email
it came with tk but i have a raptor on it now. the float moves up and down it should be 15-16mm from top (you will have carb upside down so it will seem like bottom) of bowl u can use a ruler or mark a toothpick unless it sat with gas in carb or u have dropped it the float is usually ok. but it should only move a cm and a half or so either direction.
Hey, i want a raptor on mine, what kind of performance gains did you see?  What are the specs on the carb you are using?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()