ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Law Dogs, Barks and Bites!

Myth · 7 · 4256

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
This is a thread for those nice run-ins with the man in blue.  This topic started to overrun the "All New Members Check In" thread, so I decided to start on deticated to those fun and not so fun incidents....

As I stated in the other thread, you have to remember that they can always bet the bigger a$$hole!

When I was younger, me, my brother and our girlfriends were riding around.  My brother's girlfriend (Dana) was driving and I was still young enough that I couldn't drive.  Well it was cold out, so we had our jackets piled up in the floorboard in the back...  Well the cop was giving everyone hell, being a dik...  And when he's interrogating everyone, he asks me ho old I am...  I had just had a birthday so I started to say one age and then corrected myself.  He comes back with "Don't you know how old you are boy?"...  I was a little punk, so when he asked his next question which was "Do you have anything under those jackets?".  I responded with a nice, "I don't know, Dana, do you keep and guns, drugs or maybe tanks under this crap..."  Of course I recieved a nice scolding look in the rearview and from the cop...  But it was all I could do that couldn't get me in trouble.   :D   I know it was just talking a little crap, but keep in mind, I wasn't even old enough to drive yet.  I considered it a small victory or revenge to his smart ass comment.
[size=150]Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.[/size]

Namikuz

• View Profile
    • Email
Well, being an EX hardcore street racer, I've had an EMENCE amount of run-ins with the Po'po.  One of my favs goes like this
Driving my 1962 Ford Fairlane 500 Sport here in Salt Lake City, I was pulling out of a parking lot and I STOMPT the throttle and laid 2 stripes down the road, shifted to second and put down 10 more feet of rubber, let off the throttle, looked to my right and saw a S.L.C. cop at the corner!!!!!!! (soiled my pants)
Well he lite my up with his lights and siren, SHOOK his finger at me........turned off his lights and gave me a THUMBS UP!!!!!! Then he turned the corner going the other way.    
 I KNEW I was on my way to jail after the big 'ole burn out. I guess since it was'nt a ricer........It wasw not O.K. but cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More to come....
Robbie(Namikuz)Stevens
Salt Lake City Utah
Rev'em High...
   Rev'em HARD!!!
06 ZS250GS (GONE)
04 Saturn Ion(GONE)03 Mini Cooper S MODDED!!!
1948 Dodge 3 window coupe, 426 4speed
83 Suzuki GS1100ESD modded(even FASTER)

Namikuz

• View Profile
    • Email
Another of my "decades ago" fun was when I was flagging the street racers in San Diego, on the South Bay Freeway(it was still being built, so  it was closed)
It was a Firdaynight and I had set up a bunch of money runs(flagger gets a small cut of the run) and things were going well, Good runs. Well the last run we were able to get in came down with some fire works.
As I flagged off a pair of Ford trucks with HIGHLY modded big blocks(~ 12.50 1/4 times) I saw a flicker on the top of the hill next to where we were running, I looked down the hwy and saw the two trucks just running their brains out and then BAMM!!!!!!!!!!!!  Blue and red lights EVERY WHERE!!!
Well the two trucks got popped, I started to run up the hill to my left, full of new Ice plant, (a sucluant, slimmy Aloe Verra type plant that grows in a creeping vine like manner), and sprinkler system piping. Well I heard someone hollar for me to stop, I ran harder and, loe and behold my foot got tangled up in the sprinkler piping and I slid on my back and side about 75 feet back down to an awaiting California Highway Patrolman, He was laughing out loud the whole time I was slidding and tumbling down the hill and trying to get away.
Once he calmed down from the laughter, his partners turned me over to him, already in cuffs. He told me that he WOULD have just issued a sitation for Aiding and abetting a speed contest and since I attempted to run(and not too well) that "NOW" he was going to arrest me for Evasion AND still site me.
Well being Fridaynight, I spent the weekend in jail. Monday morning came and the Judge heard the story of what had transpired on Friday. I had never seen a Judge try and hold back a laugh so hard before. I did'nt see the humor in this but Law enforcement sure seemed to. I recieved a suspended sentence for the evasion and had to perform community service. Ahh, the GOOD 'Ole DAZE!!!!!
Robbie(Namikuz)Stevens
Salt Lake City Utah
Rev'em High...
   Rev'em HARD!!!
06 ZS250GS (GONE)

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice ones Zuki!!!

Well several years ago I liked to race too...  

NOTE: I DO NOT CONDONE STREETRACING!!!  IT IS STUPID AND YOU COULD KILL YOURSELF AND WORSE OFF SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Well at that point in my life I had the inability to turn down a race...  Worse off I sought them out...  Well back in the day I used to have to drive 45 miles one way to work...  I was working the nightshift and on the way home one morning I ran into this guy running about 85-90ish.  I was driving my 2000 MR2 Spyder, all stock...  Well I tried like hell to push this guy into going faster, usually not a hard task.   :shock:   OH SHYT!!!  I just knew he saw us going over 120mph, he had to of...  Going through my mind is, "What do I do, what do I do..."  Well the Firebird was still in the lead in the slow lane, so for Mr.PoPo to catch us both he had to hit the bird first.  Hitting me would've cost him the bird and you could tell he wanted us both.  So he's slowly passing me trying to get up to where he could flag us both and just as his front bumper passes mine I'm almost straight over from an exit...  Still in the middle lane...  Boom, I turn sharp and fly off the highway!  He hits his breaks, but there's no chance of making the exit with me since I did it at last second and he had just got a nose past me.    :D   No harm no foul...  If he hadn't been greedy and went for us both he could've easily thrown one of us under the jail.  If he had turned on his lights, I wouldn't have pulled that stunt, but I could easily say that I almost missed my exit...

Remember, doing crap like that is stupid and it'll get you in tons more trouble than it's worth.

Namikuz

• View Profile
    • Email
WOW MYTH, that was by the SKIN of your teeth, huh!
The most professional AND serious peace Officers I have ever encountered ARE in Texas. The Texas Rangers to be exact. They didn't like my Michigan plates passing them on the hwy. The were doing the speed limit ~ 65. I was doing ~ 70ish. I crept past, nodded to them, and kept going. In most cases, this tactic is fine. I'm not doing anything wreckless, The officer know I'm paying attention. Well they followed me for a LONG way.  And LIGHTS!!!!! Siren!!!!!  ACTION!!!!
I was in my lightly modded '85 Daytona turbo. I could have ditched them, BUT I was in a good mood and Well, TEXAS IS HUGE!!!! I might not make it out.  I stopped, pulled my keys out of the ignition, held the keys up for a second, placed them on the dash, rolled down my window, placed my hands visably on the steering wheel(this puts cops at ease USUALLY) I have one Ranger on each side of my car now. Hmm, that's not what usually happens. One Officer asks me to put both hands out the drivers window(sound like this is going to be a fellony stop) The officer on the right is peering through my windows to see whats in the back of my car. Well, The officer has me open my door from the outside door handle and he extracates me from the vehicle, very nicely too. We walk backwards to the rear of my car with my hands on top of my head, he, grasping my interlocked fingers, not too tight, but I knew he meant business. I noticed that his weapon had been released from it's strap. Hmmm, these guys ARE serious!!!! The other Ranger is now looking through my LEFT OPEN DOOR,(smart, having me leave my door open). Well as it turns out as I passed the officers, I didn't realise that the small tarp covering my small trailer, I had disassembled and put in the back of my car(Harbor Frieght 4X8 folding), had been flopping aroundfrom my sun roof being open. They thought ALL kinds of things could be in the back of my car, mostly heavy Arms. They thought I was running heavy weapons through Texas. The Rangers were very polite, courtious, even concideriate towards me. When they were through "Inspecting" my car and me. They said that the tarp in the back of my car had been flapping inside and they had seen a LOT of "gun metal metalic tubing and rectangular shapes"  in the back and when they ran my plates, they got a different vehicle to match the plate. (he ran it again once he had seen the matching registration) The plate was typed in wrong and well.....They followed me for so long waiting for back up, there was none close  so, I recieved the Texas Ranger Greeting!!!  The Rangers apoligised and explained, They were protecting the best intrest of the Good People of Texas.
Well, thats what I get for painting my trailer GUN METALLIC GRAY!!!!!    (That was a fun hour or so)  GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!
Robbie(Namikuz)Stevens
Salt Lake City Utah
Rev'em High...
   Rev'em HARD!!!
06 ZS250GS (GONE)

Myth

• View Profile
    • Email
Lol...  Yeah, you don't so much wanna have a run in with our Rangers/State Troopers...  No sense of humor and very too the point.  If you do something wrong the ARE going to stop you and they ARE going to punish you to the extent of their ability.

Namikuz

• View Profile
    • Email
Heres another excerpt from the 'ole daze....Circa 1989
My first weekend in Detroit, my brother decides to take out on Michigan ave to the local cruise. I'm in my '86 Dodge Shelby Charger Turbo. I've done quite alot to make the little devil run 13 seconds in the 1/4 mile at ~ 112mph (2.2 60' times SUCK!)
If I could get it out of the hole....12 secs, Ah front wheel drive!!!  
Well I'm on the Ave and were cruising around and a Firebird (WS34) pulls next to me at the light. Flow master exhaust, Rumbling nicely. I look dead at him till he looks back, I nod, He nods and GRINS HUGE!!!( I figured out later why he was grinning SO BIG)  Revs at me a little. I get set.....Light turns I launched HARD!!!  through 3 gears..... NO FIREBIRD!!!!!  hmmm, Well I see a set of head lights behind me comming up kinda quick, not WS34 quick, but in a hurry.  I slowed and stopped at the next light. The car pulled behind me. hmm. Light turns I launch again!!!  Thats when the over head lights on the COP CAR came on. Now I'de put about 8 cars on him before his lights came on, Sooooo, I pulled into a parking lot. waited for Jonny law to show. Well he pulled in crossways behind me, walked to my door AND first thing out of his mouth is "So, do you think you got a fast car?"  I responded "not really, but it's entertaining..." Then he thanked me for stopping becaus the way I had left him behind, he couldn't catch me with his patrol car, and he had recently been involved in a high speed chase that ended badly.
We talked for abit, he asked about the California plates, THEN he asked the best question EVER. Do you use your rear view mirror much? I responded with a resounding... HUH???  Well when I tryed to get the Firebird to run, I looked in my side view mirrors looked accross the roadway, no traffic in front on either side ,looked to my left and right ALL CLEAR!!. Well I didn't look in my INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR..... The Officer was right behind me at the first light. He had a front row seat to some West Coast STUPIDITY!!!!   We talked abit more and then I was issued sitations equaling $1500.00 dollars for, Speed Contest, Wreckless driving, Endangering Public Safety and EXCESSIVE NOISE, SQUEALING TIRES!!!!  

I like the last one best, Squealing tires.....Oh BOY!!!!
Well WELCOME TO MICHIGAN.......(1989)
Robbie(Namikuz)Stevens
Salt Lake City Utah
Rev'em High...
   Rev'em HARD!!!
06 ZS250GS (GONE)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()