ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Who's got the most miles on their bike?

aggieboi254

• AOL Instant Messenger - aggieboi254@aol.
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - aggiebi254@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/hondasiguy
    • Email
i personally have had mine for about 2 months now and have 900 miles on it,ive changed the oil twice,and the plug once. the NGK iridium plug makes a great difference, in power and mileage! after my little vacation im back. its does great on 70 to 100 mile trips putting around back roads and even on the highway,then only real problem i have had a concern with is my speedo cable is broken,and shows the wrong speed constantly!

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
I've had mine for about 6 months and just put a little over 1000 miles on it. I used it for about 30 miles a day for school these past few months. Each morning consists of a 20 second spin on the freeway!  ;)

250gs

• View Profile
    • Email
re that broken speedo.....Don't forget these bikes come with a 10000km/6000mile/2 year Warranty on parts and labour, so getting that speedo fixed should be a breeze. Some of the zong owners report they have had issues with the dealers in getting warranty work done so perhaps you can report back with the results of your repair to the speedo when you arrange. We might need a separate topic to report on the responses to requests for repair work.

On the original topic though, My bike has done about 5000km, 3 oil changes, retensioned chain a couple of times and realigned rear wheel ie just standard maintenance, otherwise no other issues.

Bniz

• View Profile
    • Email
I got to 4000 and mine died as well, I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would add that in, it's an '06 and it's a P.O.S. , here is a response to a chinese bike thread on another site I posted, I thought I would share it here.

"Nothing wrong with Zongshen, just the guys in America that put them together or work on them.  I bought mine from a place called "TRADE USA" in Ringold, GA, they actually glued parts together, put too much oil in , took too much out, "fixed it" in "Fixed it" Again (6 mos. process) only for it to break down on my way home, they are IDIOTS, lying, cheating idiots, with crackheads as mechanics and if Zongshen knew that these yokes were representing them in America they would have their heads.....I now have a 2006 250 GS with 4000 miles as a lawn ornament, DON'T BUY FROM THEM !!!!"

new to this forum, by the way.  Thanks in advance

B

cbyerspace

• View Profile
I just got mine for $700 and it has 2400miles but the guy I bought it from the one he rides has over 6000, He said the reason it still runs so good is he never takes the highway and 55 is the fastest he pushes it. After all these bikes arn't ninja's they were not designed for high speed, Basicly they are scooters for people who don't want to be seen on scooters, at least thats how I look at it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()