ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

at high speeds bike is bogging and shuts off

saint3570

• View Profile
im anew owner of a 250 gs its was running fine until last night im on the highway coming about 70 and the bike started bogging loosing power and it shut off i got to shoulder and it started again and made it home      any ideas    thank you!

z250gs

• View Profile
Check your oil level isn't too high. With the bike on it's side stand, you will prbably see no oil in the sight glass if correctly filled.
When you pull the bike up vertically (-best get someone else to help you to do this-) the oil level will rise in the sight glass and must fall between the  low and High marks on the sight glass.
If oil level is too high you can cause problem similar to what you describe (- so ive heard.) 
If you overfilled, you might also check inside the airbox as excess oil can be drawn into the air box with some bike engines.
The only solution is to drain some oil off via sump plug and refill to proper level, making sure bike is vertical and not resting on side stand to get proper oil level. The sump only holds about 1.3 liter so fill carefully.

saint3570

• View Profile
thanks z250 gs im going to check on those things im hoping that will take care of the problem

cbyerspace

• View Profile
yeah I had a similar issue, Its forcing me to do a oil change... But Im also thinking I'll take off the breather hose (the hose that comes from your crank case into the air box) from the air filter and get a stand alone breather, so I wont have these problems in the future, I hear that At high rpms It can siphone oil up the tube because the restriction of the air box... don't want to take chances...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:41:59 AM by cbyerspace »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()