ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Does anyone know how to install an H.I.D kit?

jam1232005

• View Profile
for a zongshen GS250???  im unsatisfied with the stock bulb its not bright and i want to be seen especially at night!

takiaoaua

• View Profile
    • Email
ddmtuning.com
sell HID kit but you will have to do as i do and ungrade your headlight socket from stock to an h4 light. i had HID on my bike and ran it for about 2hours on my way home every week end and no melting of the headlight housing but im only uning a 35 W HID bulb which gives off this crazy light to deep blue color and is a musch smaller light which radiates less heat. i did widen the exhaust vent on the back of the light housing just to be sure of proper ventilation . HID's very effect at lighting the night road. and you will bee seen trust me. just be sure to aim you lights correctly. the H4 light socket i got from O'rellys for like 5 bucks, just macth the colors and wires remember your colors for ground. a multi meter is best to test you pos and neg wires.. the HID first draws 60 watts for about 15 seconds then converts the draw to 35W. one of the best things i've ever done. and i've done a lot to my bike. 160 lbs going nearly 60 in fourth at 7grand maxing ? i know the quality of this bike and maxing the speed just to see what it will do is not the smartest thing. but i have done 85 at 8 grand in fifth. havent redlined but did get 11 grand in 3rd dont recall the speed. upgraded cv carb, uni filter ,upgraded carbon fiber exhaust from my beloved ebay. gold silverstar H4 light 6000k light temp. upgraded rear and front tires. wider back tire looks pretty legit. and handles even nicer. was looking to do the paint job but ill leave it at the black and silver. upgraded plug, hot wire coils front and rear sprockets i forget the gear ratio i bought some cool looking vinyl to recover the seat. neon underglow and fog like lights. ... sleep time in texas. does anyone know how to raise or lower the Gs 250 seat height. cause i'm stompped.

jam1232005

• View Profile
how exactly do you plug it in because i have a ballast and bulb already and its plug and play but only for cars and i noticed the motorcycles wiring is much different is there any pictures you can show me of your wiring???

darealestspigguh

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey where did you find sprockets for this bad boy, thats probably why you can go so fast unless ur judging by the speedo on the bike, that things off...

darealestspigguh

• View Profile
    • Email
how exactly do you plug it in because i have a ballast and bulb already and its plug and play but only for cars and i noticed the motorcycles wiring is much different is there any pictures you can show me of your wiring???
i believe most of the ebay kits with balasts are direct to battery wiring, the H4 outlet then becomes only used for switching between hi and lo.  This is what t seems from what i read, i havent actually installed one yet.  Currently i have one of the HID H4 bulbs which i dont think is really HID but claims to have xenon in it, it runs at 55/60w and shines brighter than the regular auto part store bulb. only 3 bucks on ebay too ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()