ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

New bike problem

tenochtoo

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi, just bought my Zongshen 250 last week and managed to get it assembled with only two
of the 6mm x about 1" screws left over. Seriously cant find where they go.
My real problem is that i can start the bike and it runs great with the choke on but once its warmed
up it cuts out and wont start with the choke off. It will restart with choke on but die as soon as i
push the choke in. Any one able to advice me what course to follow? I am familiar with auto repair
but my motorcycle knowledge is slim. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

congpay

Check for any vacuum leak around the carb bro...Better yet, completely disassemble the carb to see any blockage in the jets or tiny holes inside the carbs...careful with the vacuum rubber on top of the carb though...

kutlassboyz

• View Profile
make sure oil level is correct. if its not that then also adjust idle air screw on carb. take note of its position and how much you turn it so you can put it back if necessary. from all the way in it should be between one and 2 and a half turns out. you probably have too much oil though. i wouldnt take the carb apart just yet,

tenochtoo

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello again,
I finally had time to check out the bike and did two things- drained the factory oil ( it seems it was grossly over filled and looked old to me when i drained it)then used fresh oil, re-filled with bike level to get correct amount in crankcase. Then I ran the air /fuel all the way in and backed out one and a half turns. Fired it up with full choke and when warmed up; i pushed the choke in and bike stayed running purring away  :) :D
Thanks to congpay and kutlassboys for their helpful input, I am looking forward to riding my Zongshen any chance I get  :D

congpay

glad to hear that bike is doing good...Remember to check and clean the oil filter on the first 100 or 200km...And don't ride it hard just yet, it's not a japanese made engine, so in terms of build's precision of the parts and metals inside, is not as good......

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()