ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

cannot shift to 1st ....clutch problem

kutlassboyz

• View Profile
shifts through all gears fine. out riding would not go into 1st. will shift into 1st after adjustment of clutch and/or clutch play but after riding a block or so will not go into 1st again. any ideas?

congpay

When the engine is cold, try to loosen up the "clutch play distance" by turning in or out the screw near the clutch lever of the handle bar. I learned that when the engine gets hot, it will be hard to go to neutral or insert to the first gear..

Sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language buddy :)

Icey-ZS250GS

• MSN Messenger - Chris69Ledoux@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bullrider485
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - IceyManipulator@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yea I've had the same problems with neutral and first gear. Coming to a stop I just shift it into first and keep the clutch held. From having dropped the bike a couple times, I had an issue with the clutching but it turned out it had shoved the clutch down like a half inch. Might need to check where your clutch is at on the handlebars, if you can, loosen it up and push it up further if at all possible, I try and leave it just a smidge loose so I can shove it back up if needed.

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.

kutlassboyz

• View Profile
actually the fork a in tranny had broken off a tooth. new tranny was $80. im ridin

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()