ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

help with throttle cable to carb

willlybolt

• View Profile
    • Email
today i took off the carb to clean out. was just a hunch due to increasingly harder to start bike and when i came to a stop it would stall unless i was on the throttle. well sure enough i got carb off and to what i find was strange.... sand! either when i fulled it when there was a tanker there or previous owner. either way. that was prob my issue. so now using carb cleaner and checking jets. i go to put the throttle cable back on and moved the spring when i took off the in the first place. now when i check usage from the throttle. i turn it and that outer piece connected to the carb goes up. but doesnt back down. i need help. ( i have no past knowledge of how to fix bikes..) a vid or pics would help to tell me where the spring hook us supposed to go on the unit on the carb or maybe i just didnt put it back on right. please any info would be helpful

jam1232005

• View Profile
my motorcycles messing up like that as well not with the throttle stuff but with the bogging and turning off on idle its acting very dumb, it started out as just bogging at high rpm but then i noticed right when i start the bike it sounds nice and strong and starts up easily but then you can hear it running fine and then itll make a sound like if it wants to turn off, it makes that sound for about a sec and then it stays running fine... everyone is telling me its the carburetor but i dont know how to get it off and try cleaning it, i but some carb cleaner in the gas tank but came to realize that it ate through some Teflon tape connected to the gas tank and then i had a big gas leak, but thats all fixed now.. is there any way you can show me how to take the carb off and show me how to clean it or what exactly im looking for?? 

willlybolt

• View Profile
    • Email
as for taking off the carb. make sure your gas is off. take off the black tube that attached to the fuel cut off swtich. unscrew the pipe clamps going from the engine and the air box. now pull on the carb nice and easy. when you have it off, the throttle cable will still be on it. just wiggle the ball at the end of it and it will come off. DONT TOUCH THE SPRING that keeps tension. youll see what i mean. now that you have the carb. unscrew the 4 screws on top of the unit. take it all apart. take carb cleaner spray it all out every opening. and check the jets.  while doing all this take small zip bags and mark on the bag where you got the screws from and remember everything you did to put it all back together. you might as well as your doing this check your gas lines too. check your airbox and add sea foam to your gas tank. very good stuff.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()