ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Zong 250 GS

KEYZ · 4 · 5255

KEYZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Alright...just brought a used Zong 250 GS w/ about 200 mi. on it. Think its a 2006.  QUESTION: Where can I get an owner's manual from?  The choke looks kinda like a cigarette lighter, so for a cold start, push it in..Right??
Then the fuel petcock...which way?  One pic looks like a full glass and the other on the bottom looks like half a glass...if that makes any sense..   Got home, ready to ride again and went to take off in 1st then the bike kept cutting off..although I think that is a choke issue.   Can any1 help??

z250gs

• View Profile
If your in the USA then Zongshen America is the main importer/supplier of parts/info etc. As for the choke, this is how I start up: Turn petcock downward. This is normal for almost every make of bike.  There r 3 positions for the fuel tap: Lever pointing sideways is OFF. Lever point down is normal ON position. Lever point UP is reserve tank. Use that UP posi if the fuel conks out in normal position and u need toi access extra 2 litre of fuel. Really though there is no separate reserve tank. It'sjust a lower sample point for the fuel in the tank.

Next pull clutch in and lift sidestand ready to drive off. Theres a cut out switch built into sidestand to stop engine starting when bike is resting on sidestand. Next pull OUT choke to say about half way position and operate electric starter button. I usually push choke in after about a minute or so of riding. Depending on temp u may need more choke to start. But I always use some choke even in summer otherwise it just desnt start. Just make sure u PUSH choke back IN flat with dash after warm up.

And also, once your bike engine is warmed up, when u  restart after stopping, DONT use any choke. If you pull the choke out, even slightly, once engine is warmed up, you will likely stall the engine or not be able to restart the hot engine.  

There's already a lot of info on this site re maintenance/oil change info etc., so just browse thru the topics. Ring Zongshen USA and check the engine number to confirm you have a 250 (230cc) or 200cc engine. But oil should be the same type.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:35:20 PM by z250gs »

KEYZ

• View Profile
    • Email
I APPRECIATE THE INFO ... VERY HELPFUL.  So I was cleaning the bike and got to the underbelly where all the info is. The bike is a Zong ZS 250 GS, 230 cc.  I've tried to order the manual multiple times to NO avail, so far.  This is odd though, when I was cleaning the underbelly of the bike, I noticed two hoses connected from the fuel valve petcock on one side and not connected to anything on the other end?????  This is ??? any answers or extra tips are appreciated! Like how to change the oil or if it burns off itself? How to use that 'window' by the rear brake??

KEYZ

• View Profile
    • Email
another ?? b4 I forget..... what's up with the throttle adjuster, lil gold knob in front of fuel valve (petcock)?  I dont think I'm getting all the power I should be getting :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()