ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Battery Question, need some help

Zyphlin

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey folks, been enjoying my Zongshen. Had the first warm day since back in November, 70 degree's, so finally got to pull it out of the friends garage I've had it in.

Bad thing is, the battery light was flickering. Not really surprising as it was flickering right before I put it in the garage.

I was wondering if I could get any advise or information on how to charge the battery. The two terminals are under the seat correct?

What Voltage is our battery? 12 volt?

Are we a negative ground system or a positive ground system?

I bought a small, outlet powered battery charger that is for 12 volt batteries but for whatever reason when I tried to put the clamps onto the terminals it indicated it wasn't charging. Kind of stumped here.

Any help would be appreciated. As a note, while the battery light is flashing the bike still runs fine atm.

choylifutsoccer

• View Profile
    • Email
Are you able to start the bike? If you are, just start it and ride it for a LONG time to get it charged back up again. If not, your best bet is to just buy a new battery with the same dimensions. The battery is located under the right side fairing.

Zyphlin

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, I am able to still start it. To be honest, and this shows you how new I am with motorcycles, I didn't know if it was like a Car where running the car would charge the battery.

I'll go ahead and try that route. Though I do wish I could figure out how to actually use this battery charger.

z250gs

• View Profile
Don't use a car charger-they're too strong. Must get a proper bike battery charger. I hear thet the car charger can cook the little bike battery!!We have 12v negative gnd electrics. Undo the terminals from the battery and then remove your battery and recharge out of the bike.

z250gs

• View Profile
On the flickering battery light, I just remembered I had the same thing on mine once. I t happened after I had the seat off checking things out and cleaning up. I must have accidentally disconnected the connector for the generator and while riding I was also getting the red battery charge light flickering on the dash. It would come on all the time while idling and flicker while driving normally. Aquick check of terminal connections under the seat and I found the connector to the generator was partly unplugged. Pressed it fully home and no more problem!! Easy fixed!!

willlybolt

• View Profile
    • Email
i right now have a battery issue myself.. i bought one.. got it home... battery dead.. solution? our battery is a 12volt. what we i was told was we need to get a 2v recharger (more then 2 will fry our battery) leave it on for 4 hours before jumping on. if battery doesnt retain charge.. then its time for a new battery. you can get a cheap one for 20-30 buck at sears auto department that says 2v charger on it. also a good idea to just take the battery out when you let it sit too on average you loose about 1% of battery power every day you let it sit. so just at least once a month set it up for a charge.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:16:51 PM by willlybolt »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()