ZongshenForum.com
Zongshen Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

INFO IS HELPFUL!!!!!!!!! ANY1 HAVE ANY???

KEYZ · 3 · 2100

KEYZ

• View Profile
    • Email

ANY INFO ABOUT THE 06 ZONG IS HELPFUL.

FOR EXAMPLE:

WHAT TYPE OF OIL DOES IT TAKE?

WHAT TYPE OF GAS??  SELLER TOLD ME IT USES ANYTHING...BIKE SAYS 90 OCTANE OR HIGHER..

WHERE CAN I GET AN OWNER'S MANUAL??

I think that since I used the wrong gas, that now the bike is cutting off sometimes while in 1st, or when I upshift into 2nd feels really bogged down!!!!

I feel like becoming a mechanic so I never have these problems again.. Although if any1 can help me NOW i would trully appreciate it.

z250gs

• View Profile
Seeing you dont yet know if u have a 200cc or 250cc engine i cant give u much info re your engine, but as i understand the 200cc came on earlier bikes and is a single pot 200cc OHV pushrod type engine. The 250cc (230cc) is also single pot but has OHC valve operation and is a bit more powerful.

The oil type for the 250cc is 15w40SF. I think the 200cc is the same. Dont use friction modified oil such as cars use or u will end up with a slipping clutch and need a complete engine cleanout and may also burn out the clutch system.

Gas should be ULP standard type. 90oct sounds like what we call standard.

The Owner Manual for mine was under the seat. Remove the couple of screws and check there. THere was also a few tools in a bag under the seat.

The bogging sounds like you might have your choke out from reading your other post. After a minute of riding push the choke lever flat to the dash. Too much fuel and not enough air can cause your prob with runnng. Thats what the choke does. Its only for cold engine start. 

KEYZ

• View Profile
    • Email
ok.  so the choke is supposed to be pushed in, NOT pulled out. I appreciate the help - rode atleast twice with the choke on then...not funny. Yea,, took off the seat and cleaned the bike yesterday.. think i have a minor oil leak.
I didnt see any manuals or tools though, but i did buy the bike used.  I seem to be having issues with the throttle control..been doing alot of adjusting..MAYBE turning the choke off and then fine tuning the throttle will do the trick.  Any other suggestions or tips WILL ALWAYS BE greatly appreciated!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()